You can type here any text you want

As the Buick Passes.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jake616

Does anybody know what is wrong with me? I have never owned a Turbo Buick, or sat inside of one. Out of the 2 times I have seen one on the road my heart skipped a beat and my head whipped around (it was in other lane) and It was impossible to pop a U-ey and catch up with it. I love these cars ! lol.. :( Is this common or do I have a problem?

YUP!

You have a huge problem.....Just like me;)

This my son is a natural feeling when you see something not normally seen on the road. It's a natural gut instinct to get one, because you won't regret it. Once you come over to the darkside, there's no going back.

"Were did I hear that before? ;)

Ray

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have a TR and I still react that way when I see another one on the road.

You have the disease that has no cure. If you get a TR.... you will still feel that way.

You need to meet someone who has one and go for a ride...... yeah...... that should help you get over this illness :-)

I think I have it worse now that I have a TR.

More than ever I want to meet other TR people and talk cars.

Guess I will see the TR and get a focus....go cold turkey.

when i see one i get all giddy lol , a lot of my friends give me a call when ever they see one, even the girls that didn't like it at first.

Yes my friend you can call it a problem but believe me your not alone!!
Hah i love it cause i swear i think all TR owners are the same any time i see one i go nuts and even all my friends tell me when they see one too "yo joe there was this national i saw today" i get crazy any time you see another TR on the road which is like never you get the thumbs up from the other driver its like a huge family i can talk about these cars for hours on end and never get bored. at lease you have good taste jake616 :D

Don't get to thinking you'll buy one and "get it out of your system". These were the cars I lusted after during hight school and college. There was 1 GN and 2 t-types in my town, and my eye was always peeled. I knew where 3 t-types and 2 GN's were when I went to college, and I'd drive miles out of my way just to drive by and ogle them. Last summer, I decided to buy one, own it for 6 months to get it out of my system, then sell it. I determined I'd just fix it up to stock with standard mods. I've had it a year and a half. I just hit 12's, and I've got the bug bad enough I want 10's. I quite simply no longer can think about parting with it. I frequently run into guys that "used to" own them, and they are all over the car, and every one laments selling it/having to sell it/wrecking it.

So prepare yourself before you go there. There IS no return....

Back