You can type here any text you want

At what point does an aftermarket ECM become worthwhile?

• Thread starter Thread starter N0VI
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
N

N0VI

Whats up! I have a 1997 Cobra with a built motor ported heads,custom intake,intercooler and a Novi 2000 S/C. I am looking for at least 550 rwhp when shes all sorted out. I am looking for the safest set up for my high dollar motor and the BEST drivabilty I can get. I want to be able to let my wife drive this car on Sat, bolt on slicks Sunday and run 10's. I am looking at getting a DFI system from either Jade performance or Turbo people. Installed, and tuned I am looking at $3400. I am struggling with spending that type of money, but would if its worth it. Thought?

Thanks for your input,
Steve

I can't really answer you question because I don't know about Fords ECM's and their abilities with heavily modded engines. But from your description, I would recommend the FAST SEFI system over DFI. I have spent some time with guys from Alternative performance (mustang guys), and they all run the FAST systems with good success. It does appear that more people around here are using the FAST systems every day.

I'd call PTE and ask for Patrick. I think they can do better on pricing.

The stock set up for 97' is pretty limiting in fact worse that the older cars. Who is PTE never heard of them before

P.S. I am in CT, but willing to drive most of the east coast

you can get an accel dfi, and 55 and up injectors for under a grand, install it yourself and pay some tuner 200 to 300 for tuning your dfi on a chassis dyno. total cost probably $1200 just another route to go dollar for dollar.

just buy the speed-pro system with wb02 if you need help installing it let me know i live in CT also, it is unbelievably easy to tune and to answer you \question when is it worth while? the day you purchased your car imo.
Otto

you guys are great I posted a simliar question on the Corral and got 0 responses!

Otto,
I sent you a email!

I did my first turbo mod 11 years ago on a montero 4G54
Now ive got a syclone with a T 68 & 75#
When i bought and tuned by my self the Fast i realised that this should be my first buy , even before a turbo upgrade

thats if you can affford turbo peoples pricing,from what i hear thay are not cheap

DFI Gen 7 Demo and updates to the full software package are both downloadable from the Mr. Gasket Performance Group website, http://www.mrgasket.com.

Follow the ACCEL/DFI link on the lower left side of the screen, and the "Click here to download CalMap" link.

Call Job Jr. @ Turbo People and get his opinon... (914) 478-1727 :D

Back