You can type here any text you want

Ate Oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ok, as more information trickles in here...

"Smoke" is a relative term. The smoke coming out the exhaust could be steam.

Oil on the driver's side could be a blown out dipstick.

Cause - head gasket. Can we get some pics posted here of what you're looking at?

i wouldnt pull the motor till we find out whats really going on here.

i will get pics asap for you guys. i agree with oil blowing out the dip stick thats extrememly possible. i'm really beginning to believe its either a bad HG and turbo seal. those seem like the two most logical explanations. i'll get some pics on here sooon.

i just hope your engine bearings survived the ordeal. i guess as long as there is no rod knock, then keep on driving it; but invest in an oil pressure gauge and always keep an eye on it. check your oil every time you fuel up at the station; people dont do this enough anymore.

from what ive read, sounds like the turbo seals are toast, and most likely so is your cat if you had one on.

good luck,

how can i tell about the engine bearings?

if the turbo seals are toast i assume that that means, time for a new turbo?
and i do have a cat, but thats probably toast as well..........?

and as far as Jarryl, the dip stick was in all the way, i may not know alot about these engines but i do know how to insert a dip stick and read it! not to sound like a @$$hole but you sounded kind of condescending!

bearings the only way to tell is to pull them and take a look. turbo seals yes turbo time or you can send yours to get rebuilt. as far as the cat its going to be toast with all the oil thats in it now.

and as far as Jarryl, the dip stick was in all the way, i may not know alot about these engines but i do know how to insert a dip stick and read it! not to sound like a @$$hole but you sounded kind of condescending!

I think Jerryl was referring to the fact that sometimes the dipsticks on these cars can get "stuck". When you think you've got it pushed in all the way, sometimes it's not. They can be deceptive. BTW, he's anything but condescending. Don't be mad at him... He didn't blow your turbo or motor or whatever is wrong with it. He's just trying to help.

I dont think he was trying to sound condescending; a leaky dipstick is a lot more common than you would think, especially on our cars. It will leak where the dipstick sleeve inserts into the block near the oil pan under cylinder 3. But in all fairness, a lot of us have had our cars for many years, and just from what ive read it sounds like youre pretty new and fresh. it comes with the package. dont get mad were all here to help you even tho it may come off sometimes as :mad: its really like :rolleyes: :cool: :D

g/l :biggrin: .

............ and as far as Jarryl, the dip stick was in all the way, i may not know alot about these engines but i do know how to insert a dip stick and read it! not to sound like a @$$hole but you sounded kind of condescending!

85_Daphne,
Sometimes when you do a "quick" oil level check in these cars, the dipstick may not go all the way in.
The dipstick has to be turned a certain way to slide all the way is seems.

As far as your perception to my dipsh** comment:
It was the ONLY thing that came to my mind and I was merely trying to help find the problem, with some limited information, and 3000 miles away, on a keyboard. :redface:
If I told you:
-Added 5 quarts the day before
-Not a LOT of smoke
-No BIG leaks
-No oil on the dipstick
-Added 2 quarts
-Drained 7 quarts the next day

Is it plausible to conclude: "Maybe the dipstick was not all the way in?"

Sorry you took my question the wrong way as I had no intention of making you feel the way you do/did. These cars WILL get REEEEEAL frustrating at times. Anyway, take care and best of luck with the car!

i'm sorry for the hissy fit. you all are right in the fact taht i am a newby, to these cars. i dont to be, a jerk, its just as you all are aware of these cars can be a frusterating hand full, and i dont like now knowing what the hell is going on. especially when im in the middle of BFE, Iowa, and there isnt any shops anywhere near me i can call for help.

jerryl im sorry for taking my frustration out on you, its just sometimes i can easily steamed about the little things. i will try to keep things a little more on the happier side. i do appreciate all the help you and the others have given me and i hope you all continue to answers my questions and help me through this. thank you all. william.

its all good keep posting up and lets find out whats wrong with your ride.

Back