atr roller install in to turbo t/a not as bolt in as they say

TurboTA3.8

You wont keep up the pace
well im not a first timer i have been building theses cars for years and i have installed the atr kit before in my old motor it went in very easy but this time the cam install was fine untill it came to the push rods they were way to long then i call atr and they say that they are the pushrods 4 the car so i fine out that the roller lifters are not the ones that are supose to be used they are isky lifters not speed pro lifters so the supplyer i got the cam from says that speed pro nolonger makes them so in the end i needed 8.0 pushrods not 8.25 so i get the right pushrods and now i start checking preload with the factory rockers i get a .040 difference across the board with the factory rockers so i had to clearence the pedistals and rockers to achive the .030-.035 preload i need so when it was all sed and done it took 4 extra hours to get it to work but i guess its worth it for perfection im not even this anal on my own car but i just cant slap someone elses car together

george

Which ATR cam do you have? I had one put in over a year ago, and couldn't find the info as to which one it was. ATR was very helpful in looking up the info. I believe I have the "G" cam which is the mild roller.

Ken TTA#1426