You can type here any text you want

Attack of the 1994 Buick Roadmaster!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

notacarlo

eggs are liquid chicken
First of all let me say when I heard the account of this story, I could not stop laughing.

My friend, co-worker, and fellow GN owner was driving home from work yesterday. He recently acquired the Roadmaster form someone in Louisiana to bring back to Texas and "flip". Turns out, you can fit just as many tools in the Roadmaster as you can in an F-250 - so he's been driving it to work.

On the long trek home (commutes from Terrell to Dallas daily) he saw an 03' Mustang GT in traffic. The kid appeared to be in his early 20's and he was taking advantage of the absolutely beautiful day we had yesterday. He was revving the enginge, goosing the throttle - just being obnoxious. The car seemed to have a nice exhaust sytem - sounded like a strong motor.
So my buddy decides he wants to catch up and play with him a little. Now a Roadmaster handles like fully loaded chicken truck, hellacious brake dip, body sway, etc. Apparrently the kid could see the 21' land yacht in his rear-view bobbing through traffic trying to get position at the pole.
When the Roadmaster finally does get up to the rear bumber of the Mustang, the kid would take off in a blaze of loudness. So my buddy keeps trying to get next to him to tell him to wait for a count. About three more premature launches occur before the kid gets the picture.
My buddy counts down from 3 and the kid jumps early, but the Roadmaster was prepared. Much to everyones suprise, the Roadmaster lost no ground from the jump. Then the Buick starts pulling on the Mustang! The kid is ravaging the manual gearbox and the exhaust is screaming.....to no avail. The Buick Roadmaster continues to add realestate between them.
Traffic begins to encroach and the race has to shut down.

I was told the kid looked like someone just slapped his mom in front of him.

Never under estimate the Tri-Shield. Especially if the AC is still on.

Now I told my friend that this kid is going to be looking for him on his commute home every day from here on out. He is going to spend copious ammounts of cash at Auto Zone to keep up with a Buick Roadmaster.

Thought I'd pass it on!

Only way this story could have been better if it had been a wagon...l:biggrin:

rofl, i love those things. they're every bit as much of a sleeper as my 98 GS!

so i assume that lt-1 wasn't stock? either that or the mustang kid wasn't the most experienced driver.

Beastmaster.....

A buddy at work has around the same year Roadmaster with warmed over LS1. Superchager, injectors, chip, exhaust and probably a few more things I can't remeber. I beleive he said it runs mid 13's!!!!:cool:

Would have been funnier to see my buddies Roadmaster walk that stang.:biggrin: :eek:

GH

Back