Automatic Exhaust Cutout?

MNwe4

Ok, so I have a cutout pipe inplace of my cat with a triangular 3-bolt flange blocking off the opening. I know they make electronic valves, but I'd like one that will open automatically under boost. I saw somebody on the board made their own in the fab section, but I don't have the resources to make my own, so does anybody know of vendors that sell them? I would prefer SST since the rest of my exhaust is.

Gen 2 has some outputs/triggers that may do it. Dunno though as im fairly new to mine

Thanks, that just might work with a little modification. I do have 3" stainless ATR exhaust so I don't know how much back pressure is actually there. Maybe I should hook up a pressure gauge after the turbo and find out. Any thoughts everyone? Just looking to build boost a little faster if I can.

Ok, so I have a cutout pipe inplace of my cat with a triangular 3-bolt flange blocking off the opening. I know they make electronic valves, but I'd like one that will open automatically under boost. I saw somebody on the board made their own in the fab section, but I don't have the resources to make my own, so does anybody know of vendors that sell them? I would prefer SST since the rest of my exhaust is.

Try this link out a member made his own it appears......

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/fabrication-no-solicitation/279386-automatic-exhaust-dump.html

Yup, that's where I got the idea. His setup looks nice. Unfortunately I don't have the resources (tools, welding experience, etc.) to make my own, so I'd just like to purchase a nice stainless one from a vendor.