You can type here any text you want

axel time

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

billhead

How fast can a GN safely go before you need to think about replacing the stock axels.12.00,11.50 or 11.00 or lower

depends how hard you come out of the hole. 60' are going to put a hurting on the axles. i think anything in the 1.5* your going to want to upgrade. you can have a 11.00 run and be soft out of the hole and be fine IMOP. upgrading axles is a cheap upgrade and can save you and your car from damage. i was lucky when i snaped my axle at the track.

I have made a few 1.57 and 1.6 60 footers in my sbc power wagon with a Gn rear. But Yes i am playing with fire at this point. Would recomend axles for anything in the 12.o or lower

I've got buddys that have gone low 11's on stock axels/wheel studs and I know a guy that broke a stock axel on the street with a mid 11 second car.

after I went mid 11s and wanted to go faster I had 33 spline axels and a spool installed and the rear end is the last thing I worry about.

Back