You can type here any text you want

B&M stacked plate design tranny cooler....worth every $$$

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Just wanted to pass on my findings in reference to additional tranny coolers on the TTA. Last night I installed a B&M stacked plate tranny cooler (largest unit they sell) in union with my OE tranny cooler. I noticed that the tranny fluid temps dropped significantly (not sure of the exact amount of degrees, as my temp gauge doesn't have numbers on all lines), to be exact, the temp dropped 2 lines under the normal running temp of around
190*-200*(in the 90+* heat). I'm guessing that the drop was around 50*-70*!:) On the T brake, the temps NEVER got over 200*, and that's saying something if you know how much heat a T brake adds to the numbers!

It may not be an issue with the TTA, but that B&M is a GREAT design. I had others that took rock hits and of course it hit the tube, cracking it and ruining it.

The B&M can really take a licking. On my GN, I have an air duct cut in the lower skirt thingy with the B&M mounted behind it. 6+ years and working fine, running maybe 1 foot above the road!

B&M also makes ones with cooling fans on them, but they are a bit pricey...

I'm not a member of the "times" and do not own a digital camera. If I can come up with one I'll take some pics and post them...don't hold your breath waiting though:)
I agree, the B&M cooler is VERY stout when compared to some of the other fin types out there. I imagine that this one will give me years of service as well.

Later,

Back