You can type here any text you want

b4 performance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Can you get the performance from a B4 buick that you can from an SFI? my overall goal was to prove thet b4 performance could match sfi's performance. should i upgrade to an sfi engine or drop in a big block:confused:

If all you want is to go faster butcher the car and put a SBC in it. If you want a unique ride that will retain it's value then please do some reading here. These cars need research and thinking to make them work. They also need more money and time. If all you want is a fast car get a chevy not a Buick. Go back about 1.5 years and read some of the threads from then to now and see what you find. You could do a HA conversion or go with the intercooled set up but the carb/turbo is very different and requires a lot more work to make it faster.

yeah but my mom is not having any of that... (I would get in so much trouble cuz she says keep standard engine). however i am trying to buy a ss monte carlo as a kick around car (ill see how long that lasts ;-} ) and also as a weekend track car. there are lots of them here in washington and they are pretty cheap to come by to. (i just need a kick around car that doesnt get 10mpg unlike the regal but must have some style)

found a 1994 ford taurus for 100 bucks
1965 cadillac 2500
lowrider 83buick regal 2500
1992 cadillac brougham 250
1986 monte carlo ss 1600-4500 in washington

As far as performance you need to read some of the threads on the board and decide how you want to go about it. Porting the heads, cam change ect can be done which will give it more power, but you need to understand there are limits to the draw through set up. The intake and turbo are the two biggest problems. That's why I decided to do some redesigning on the turbo. I'll get to the porting of the intake after I get done with the turbo and then the headers and down pipe are after that. They respond very much like the SFI cars IF YOU TAKE YOUR TIME AND KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. I've been doing research for two years now and had to change my mind on how I was going to do the engine more times than I would like but you have to stay flexable with what you want.

no matter what you do you need some DEEP pockets !! how fast you lookin to go ??

run 11's on pump gas (i'll have deep pockets soon, i am starting... a buisness)

The fastest a Regal with a carb/tubo setup has gone so far is 12.9 corrected. You need to do a lot of studying on the engines first and then the rest of the system. It's very easy to get in over your head. If you plan to get into the 11's know that it won't happen with some simple bolt ons. You will need some good fabrications skills and lots of tools to make what you need. Research and understanding are what you need to do this and Rich has a great site to find info on. The set ups a few of us are working on may break the barier of 12.9 but we all have taken our time to figure out what needs to be done to get there.

Good questions and answers here.
I did break the sfi power barrier with my carbed turbo buick BUT it isn't a drawthru. It is totally possible to MATCH the performance of the IC SFI engines with some improvements and parts.

Charlie and A.j. are working on upgrades to the drawthru engines. I myself am working on a new drawthru intake manifold and I have it just about perfect in my head.

11's on pump gas? Pump gas and turbos don't go well together. Better look for a 500+ cubic inch motor.

Starting a business and deep pockets. Those don't go together either. ;)

are you using a blow through... because in the long run thats what i was thinking of doing. (thats after a serious rebuild and advice from a local turbo shop called turbotec)

11's on pump gas? Pump gas and turbos don't go well together. Better look for a 500+ cubic inch motor.

Starting a business and deep pockets. Those don't go together either. ;)

what do you suggest oct93? because they dont sell it in this state:( and as for the buisness, i am starting a on the side job (from work) of old discarded car parts. sometimes i'll collect old radiators and take them to the metalyard, sometimes ill fix and paint a old discarded bumper (currently fixing and priming an acura integra front bumper) and selling un-needed car parts like selling the passenger side headlight of a old civic.

Please listen to Rich, (b4black). He's been there and done a lot of research and we aren't near as knowligble as he is. We're playing off some of his work and some research we've done on our own. All of us are doing different things with what we have and Rich may po-po some of our work but he does keep an eye on what we have going on. Wish he'd post a little more often but he has a wife and kids so it takes a lot of his time.

Back