You can type here any text you want

Back to Factory

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kuku

I am trying to revert my car back to its original factory am/fm/cassette/eq radio.

Currently the car has a Sony cd player with an alpine amp. I took the cd player out and when it was installed they cut all the factory plugs out of it. I have done many searches for GM factory Radio Plugs and had good luck finding them online. I found two different kinds of plugs for an 87GN:

1978-91 General Motors Radio Harness GWH-341
1978-1991 GM Wiring Harness GWH342
A picture of the two harnesses is at:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mobile-emotions/gmwiha.html

Will both of these work? Which is better?

I noticed on the GWH342 there is an extra plug. I looked on my factory radio and I have the 12pins and then another little plug on the back left of the radio. I am not sure what that one is for. My guess is it is for the +12volt battery wire. Am I correct?

For the speakers in the back they cut those plugs also and ran new speaker wire. Where can I buy the plugs for the speakers? What are those plugs called?

In the radio area I do see where all the wires come from but I also noticed a pigtail hanging from the top left with nothing hooked into it. Any suggestions on what that would be?

Thanks for all the help in advance,

Clay

Back