You can type here any text you want

Backfires when I let off the gas & lousy idle when warmed up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BFlat

Subject describes the problems. Car starts great at cold startup. So is the idle. When driving after it's warmed up I'm getting some mild pops out the exhaust when I let off the gas and the idle is pretty shaky. Scanmaster says BL is 127 at idle when warmed up. Suggestions?

3" LT1 with translator. I'll check the translator settings tomorrow and also post all SM numbers.
Thanks

A bad module or coil pack will sometimes show itself after warming up - just another place to check.

GNs usually have the rich decel programmed but my Talon is the lean decel and it'll pop like you described when letting off sometimes, AFR pegs 20:1 which is lean backfire.

A bad module or coil pack will sometimes show itself after warming up - just another place to check.

3" LT1 with translator. I'll check the translator settings tomorrow and also post all SM numbers.
Thanks
3" LT1 MAF. Translator Base 3. WOT off. Switches on, on, on, off.
02 125-136. AF 05. L8 32. INT 128. BL 125. Temp 167. ATS 126. RPM 775. TPS .46. IAC 25. CC 50.

Lower the TPS to .44 V or less at running idle for starters. Probably need to read below .42V with key on car not running to do so.

Back