You can type here any text you want

Backfiring at hwy cruising

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The wife's 85 was just set wrong. Like a distributor, turning it can effect timing.
I'd loosen the holding bolt and twist maybe 5 degrees one way and test drive it.
If it gets better or worse, that tells you it's out of adjustment. You can set it trial and error or find the post at this site that tells how to set it properly.
The cam sensor is basically a on-off switch generating pulses from moving magnetic fields. These electrical pulses are sent to the computer to adjust spark and fuel injector timing.
Since you get some effect disconnecting the cam sensor, it makes sense that it's probably working OK but it's just out of adjustment. (All just IMHO)

Went out Today and removed the top off the sensor and everything looked fine. Nothing was loose.. Im gonna have a friend thats a little more mechanically inclined take a look at the coil pack and crank sensor and ignition module before I buy anymore parts..

I unplugged the cam sensor to see if that was the issue and the car ran fine with it unplugged so I was convinced that it was the issue.. I actually bought a new cam sensor.. Before installing it I changed the injectors chip and FPR.. I also played around with the coil a bit, removed it and replaced it etc...

The misses and the beckfring went away... Maybe the coil was loose or the TT chip did away with it... I kept the cam sensor just incase...

Did your car get running right and stay running right? Just curious since I have been changing alot of parts and still not running right. Maybe if I get my car up to par we could cruise if close enough, Im in white plains , md

Ive been driving it a bit and the missing and backfiring seems to have gone away.. Im only minutes from DC... LMK we can definitely cruise...

Back