You can type here any text you want

backspace on a 15x10?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
there are members running 5.5 but with 1/4 inch or 7/32 spacers to keep away from the rails.
so approx 4.75 appears to be ideal for the fattest tire without notching.

i've got some 9 inch with 4" bs and 10" with 4.5 bs i'm gonna see fool around with to see how wide a tire i can go with this weekend.

i think every car will be different, some will rub some not.

I have some 15"x10"s on my and they have a rear spacing of 4.5" I also have another set of 16"x10" with a rear spacing of 4.25" and both sets fir ok. Below are four pictures showing the clearance between the inside tire sidewall bulge and frame with these two sets of wheels on the SAME car...Hope this helps!

The two upper pictures are 15"x10", r.s.of 4.5", and 275-60-15 tires

The two lower pictures are 16"x10", r.s. of 4.25" with 275-55-16 tires

Claude. :wink:

P.S:
i think every car will be different, some will rub some not.
Exactly!...Look at the pictures above...Even with the two different sets of wheels, by looking at the rear spacing, you can see that the rear axle isn't perfectly centered and is a little more to the right side of the car...:rolleyes: I've never seen one whose rear axle is "perfectly" centered...

5 here:)

Attachments

• FINAL TUB 011.jpg
    FINAL TUB 011.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 315
I run 18x10's 4.75 backspace lots of space inside and out with 275 tire no rolled lip

Back