You can type here any text you want

Backspacing on Notched Frame

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboz4life

Question about what backspacing to go with on a notched frame. I have 325/50/15 Nitto DRs to go on the car. Was just wondering what an ideal backspacing would be to fit this without rubbing the fenderwell, although I would have the lip rolled if needed. I was thinking a 15X10 rim with 5" but am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Steve

I'm looking to have it done soon. I've done research here on the board and messaged knowledgeable people to find out that with the proper notch the 325s will fit, but not enough concrete information on which backspacing to use. Hence this thread.

Question about what backspacing to go with on a notched frame. I have 325/50/15 Nitto DRs to go on the car. Was just wondering what an ideal backspacing would be to fit this without rubbing the fenderwell, although I would have the lip rolled if needed. I was thinking a 15X10 rim with 5" but am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Steve

My frame is notched and I have 15x10's on the rear with a 5inch backspace. I test fit the nitto's and they fit without touching the frame or the fender. Funny thing I ordered the Goodyear Eagle SS drag radials and they rub on the frame. I guess they have a wider contact patch then the nitto's in the same size. Hope that helps you.

My frame is notched and I have 15x10's on the rear with a 5inch backspace. I test fit the nitto's and they fit without touching the frame or the fender. Funny thing I ordered the Goodyear Eagle SS drag radials and they rub on the frame. I guess they have a wider contact patch then the nitto's in the same size. Hope that helps you.

This helps a great deal, thank you!

I have a 5.5bs wheel. How deep is your notch? Mine is almost to the inside of the frame rail.

FWIW, my notch job by Cotton's removed about 1" of of frame rail.
Conrad

Back