You can type here any text you want

Bad MAF Sensor??!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BASS

Ok, Ive been hunting for the solution to my knock problem, and I think its the MAF. On WOT, it only gets up to 230 (slowly climbs there), and then it would suddenly drop to 180 max (while still going WOT, at around the top of third gear)!! Shouldnt this MAF be @ 255 instantly as soon as I go WOT (and STAY at 255 while going WOT)????:confused:

I also noticed at idle now, the scanmaster says its at 4 (sometimes it shows 6 though)...

Stick a fork in it.... its done! Im going on my third stock MAF this summer.:redface:

Agreed, your MAF has assumed the dead **** roach pose.

Are the AC Delco Reman. MAFs any good (like gyrhead sells), or would it be just like a shot in the dark if I got it from Autozone or something??:confused:

Buying used is a shot in the dark. I'm going to buy a new translator in a week if a deal on a used one doesn't come soon.

Are the AC Delco Reman. MAFs any good (like gyrhead sells), or would it be just like a shot in the dark if I got it from Autozone or something??:confused:

Do everything you can to either convert to LS1 OR use the new Full Throttle 4" Mass Air arrangement.
I have Full Throttle's 4" system and it's doing great.
With it, you'll gain THE latest-and-greatest mass air sensor (MUCH cheaper than an LS1 to replace if it ever fails!), room to grow for further mods a little more boost (I gained 1.5 lbs.) and a second-to-none sound. ;)

Just my 2 cents but PLEASE quit throwing your hard-earned dollars at stock mass airs asap.

Guys,

It ended up being the MAF for sure! Installed another used one, and the AF shot right to 255 on WOT and stayed there...Now I can finally tune this car in!! :smile: :smile:

Back