bad o2 cause high blm?

bosted86

i know this has been beaten to death but i have been fighting a 150 blm at idle. iac, int, maf, tps all in proper numbers. i am not getting any cross counts at idle. i plugged all vac block lines including the pvc, except fuel(new vac line) and absolutely no change in the blm. t/t chip cut for my set up and fuel is 42 line off. blm is where it is supposed to be when off idle (cruising). could this be caused by a bad 02 sensor considering i am not getting cross counts at idle.:confused:

Yes, a dead O2 will raise BLM's. Make sure every vacuum leak is sealed though. Get a 1/2" Hose and use it as a stethoscope and listen at the base of every fuel injector for a sucking sound. Could be a bad injector o-ring. You may also have a bad connection going to the o2. I actually had this problem this morning. My o2's were DEAD and my blm's maxed out at 160. I wiggled the wires around..especially right before where the wire plugs into the sensor by the cam sensor, erased the computer, fired it back up, and my O2's were reading again and BLM's in check. I think the wire is bad right before it goes into the connector.

i know this has been beaten to death but i have been fighting a 150 blm at idle. iac, int, maf, tps all in proper numbers. i am not getting any cross counts at idle. i plugged all vac block lines including the pvc, except fuel(new vac line) and absolutely no change in the blm. t/t chip cut for my set up and fuel is 42 line off. blm is where it is supposed to be when off idle (cruising). could this be caused by a bad 02 sensor considering i am not getting cross counts at idle.:confused:

If it's a TT chip, do you have it set for open loop idle? That would explain the no cross counts at idle problem. AS for the 150 BLM, it's most likely a vacuum leak or pre turbo exhaust leak, but as vader said, a bad O2 could also cause it.

i replaced the o2, it is now getting cross counts. but blm still went to 148. should i reset the ecm and check again?

i replaced the o2, it is now getting cross counts. but blm still went to 148. should i reset the ecm and check again?

Ya why not, reset it and see what blm does from there. Whats fp set at? Who's chip? Was blm ok b4?