Bad Stumbling!?!?!?!

C

Cakes

I just put brand new MSD super conductor wires on, a new wastegate hose assembly (with correct Y) and CR43TS plugs gapped at .034". Today I was next to my buddy in his 1992 Corrado VR6 doing about 55 on the highway and he punched it and I did at the same time. My car stayed with his for about 3 seconds. During those 3 seconds it was stumbling like mad. Sorta like is was hitting a rev limiter. Then all of a sudden it just pulled like mad and put cars on him like he was standing still. I have no clue what could be wrong. It not only does this on the highway but at low speeds also. To me it seems to happen at the higher rpm ranges. It seems to take off well from a stop and then when its high in the power band it studders until it shifts. Any idea of what can be wrong? I dont have a scanmaster so I know that is holding me back! I will try anything to fix this since I know my car has more potential than it is running. Thanks

PS It runs fine during normal driving. Plenty of throttle response and no surging or anything like that. Thanks again!