You can type here any text you want

Baer brake question, Im getting ready to install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qnitro

Guys,

I bought the T4 front and ss4 rear, and I am getting ready to do the install. My question is, Im doing alot of parts swapping, I bought the booster swap kit to vacuum, bought a baer proportioning valve and want to know, can I just swap the brakes one weekend, front and rears, run the stock brake booster and stock proportioning valve till I swap out to the new vacuum booster??

Thanks

Kevin

That's what I did. Still running the stock Proportioning valve and power master.

with the stock prportining valve your bias front to rear will be off.

Per Baer, they recommend theirs, however they also say it's not necessary . I just have not got around to changing the valve.

when i went to 4 wheel disc i talked to them and got instructions on how to mod the stock one to work with them , still works great.

If you do it all at the same time, it will save you from having to fill and bleed the brake system twice. Esp. if you have all the parts.
On the rear install, I recommend installing the backing plate with one of the small original bolts, and using the backing plate as a guide for drilling out the other lower hole. If you try to drill out the first small hole just centering the bit in the hole, it doesn't always line up with the backing plate. I just finished mine.

image.jpg

Yes you can do it in two steps, two weekends.

Just stay out of rainstorms and panic stop situations or you might end up in a ditch like me. :eek::confused::(:oops:

You need to put this on sooner rather than later. ;)

Back