Baer install suggestions

I eat Z06

I am sooo excited, I just ordered some Baer brakes for all 4 corners of the GN.:D Cant wait for them to come in. Anyhoo, I was wondering from all of you who have installed Baer's on the front, back, or both if there are any tricky things that I need to look out for. Or what I am getting myself into for the back drum to disc conversion. Perhaps any suggestions that might make the task at hand a little easier. Thanks for the help.

Nick

6 pages of instructions for the rear.

5 of them relevant.

I figure 8 hours minimum.

Gonna pay someone with a lift to do it. I'll be the helper.

Have to relocate the shock mounts and pop the axles and shim the new backing plates to a certain spec.

Car has over 100K so I assume some extra time will be needed for "stuck" stuff. :confused:

What brake kits did you buy, where did you buy them, and how much did they cost?

I bought the second level 12" Baer kit for the front and the 12" Baer kit for the rear.

Got mine from Jack Cotton as he is a distributor for Baer and knows are cars and what you would need to order properly.

And had a sale too. :)

Both of my kits would total $2200.00 or so.

I had a few options selected such as zinc washed rotors and grooved rotors. No slots however.

They come complete with everything you need except fluid. :)

I would think that a good set of 12" or 13" front Baer brakes and simpler large rear cylinders and the drum brakes would make a good match also.

Hence no rush to install the rear disc kit on my car.

I got mine through Baer. Got f-body fronts for $1,300. Got the rears for $1,000. It will be worth it.

Nick

U guys paid alot for your baer kits:D

It took me 6 hrs to install the brakes and plumbing. Its well worth it:D

Car looks awesome with four wheel disk brakes:cool:

Baer with Vacuum brakes?

Any of you guys running the Baer 4 wheel disc system with vacuum brakes? Buddies car all complete now but it's like he can't apply enough pressure to the brakes with his existing vacuum master cyl. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jim