You can type here any text you want

Baer Prop Valve / Rear Brake Line Interface ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sakudog

Context: I'm completing my Baer Track4/SSR4 Brake install and....

I'm trying to bend my rear brake lines over to the "OUT" on the Prop valve.

For those who have installed the Baer prop valve, how did you adapt the 9/16-18 MALE to the Prop Valve?

Did you cut the factory line, change the fitting and reflare it? I've heard the factory lines are nearly impossible to flare so I'm wary of this approach.

I've included some images I dug up while researching, but I still don't know what/how to adapt the rear 9/16-18 male to the Baer prop valve.

BaerPropValve2.jpg

The factory lines are easy to flair if you have the right tool. If you get one of the rental tools from a parts chain they're a total PITA and won't work right. If you get a good tool and do a double flair then they do just fine.;)

Well...for some reason I may have found the right fittings laying around my house to avoid cutting the stock lines.

525072_449718648404581_400091950_n.jpg

The factory lines are easy to flair if you have the right tool. If you get one of the rental tools from a parts chain they're a total PITA and won't work right. If you get a good tool and do a double flair then they do just fine.;)
Not true for me! I used a "Brand new" flare tool and it still did not work so I ended up having to bend a whole new line from my factory combination valve to the BAER prop valve so my info was no help for him as I just reused the factory fitting on the new line. I also would like to know the exact size fitting for the front line is this way I can include it in future kits to make things easier for people. If anyone knows the exact part number that would be great! Glad you found the fitting and were able to make it work...

My flairing tool is a Matco unit and I wasn't talking new as much as a quality unit Scott.;)

My flairing tool is a Matco unit and I wasn't talking new as much as a quality unit Scott.;)
Well I never tried a Matco set but I can say the stock lines are HARD and the flaring tools we tried using just kept pushing the line and would never grip them good enough to complete the flare. I just figured MOST people that would be trying to re-flare the lines would be using a regular flare set...

Not true for me! I used a "Brand new" flare tool and it still did not work so I ended up having to bend a whole new line from my factory combination valve to the BAER prop valve so my info was no help for him as I just reused the factory fitting on the new line. I also would like to know the exact size fitting for the front line is this way I can include it in future kits to make things easier for people. If anyone knows the exact part number that would be great! Glad you found the fitting and were able to make it work...

should be easy enough to take a line to a parts store and match it up to something in the weatherhead cabinet..

That's my (first) picture and they are just a reflared stock metric line on one side into the 1/4" adapter for the valve, and a short aftermarket 1/4" re-flared line on the other side, to add the metric nut to go into the vacuum booster.

Cheap Pep Boys or Autozone flare tool I think, I'll check the make when I get home if I remember. :p

Damm I actually did something that wasn't supposed to be easy on these cars. :eek::D

Back