Balanced Flow Multi Nozzle Supplemental Alcohol/Methanol Injection

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Balanced Flow Multi Nozzle Supplemental Alcohol/Methanol Injection
Displayed Application; 86-87 Buick Turbo V6
Design & prototype date - Feb 2011 - Apr 2012
Installation and testing - Feb 2013 - Dec 2013
Public Release - Dec 2013

It has been proven that the single/dual nozzle system works at performance levels that are out of my scope, but I like to “fiddle” and think about stuff. The publication of this system is in no way an attempt to discredit or minimize the tremendous work that has been done in this arena. This was built for my personal vehicle because of some ungrounded/yet to be proven concerns.

I will freely admit my lack of knowledge, tuning abilities and tools that many experts on this board have, but this concept made sense to me. My fabrication skills are continuously put to shame by some of what I see on this board, and my concepts have to be simple, yet effective. This system was primarily built to minimize my tuning knowledge gap.

Data and performance? My “real job” is becoming increasingly demanding and I no longer have the desire to keep pushing stuff to the breaking point, or have any intentions of setting records.

Installation;
The up-pipe utilizes an M5 nozzle in combination with the displayed system. The M5 aids in charge temp reduction, yet is small enough that the sprayed volume “should” not be of any major distribution concern. The remaining injected/sprayed volume should (by concept) be much more evenly distributed.
I think it turned out pretty slick myself, but ultimately, I will let you be the judge of that. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I would try and secure the end of the pipe in the plenum to save it maybe snapping off from vibration and inlet pulses it gets pretty rough in there.i split a plenum in half with a sheet of alloy welded in to split the engine into 2 halves and it broke the welds

Sent from my C8660 using Tapatalk 2

So this is pretty much direct port injection? I'm surprised this thread hasn't got more responses.

Hey Jerryl. There's a thread in the alcohol and propane injection forum on 'thinking outside the box'. Some of the members are discussing port injection and the best way to do it. You may want to check it out and chime in since you already have a working solution.

That is very interesting.......... but one would think you need more than 100 psi to make the droplets way smaller due to less time it has to remove heat from the intake charge ...also when boost is applied the pressure delta will get smaller as the boost pressure goes up and this will have a even bigger effect in total flow output ....

But that looks very promising with a few tweaks
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
My grammar sucks! Wow. I will try to respond later. The title should have been: What turbo do i need? Lmao

My grammar sucks! Wow. I will try to respond later. The title should have been: What turbo do i need? Lmao

sorry if my spelling and grammar is wrong.... I am idiot.............i simply pointed out a few things i thought could use some tweaking.

sorry if my spelling and grammar is wrong.... I am idiot.............i simply pointed out a few things i thought could use some tweaking.
Pat,
My grammar comment was directed at myself. After rereading my original post, I could barely figure out what I was trying to say. LOL!

To answer the pressure question;
The cumulative nozzle size of the unit right at M15 equivalent, which is typically specicified at 100PSI. With the M5 in the up-pipe, it totals M20. Interestingly, I saw a few recent post with set-ups that had a lot of success with M20 set-ups.

The bench testing in the video was done at about 60-70 PSI at very low volume. Any increase in pressure/volume above the bench test will have a positive effect on the performance. Fully agree that droplets size should decrease with increased pressure.
One thing I noticed:
With the dual nozzle SMC-V2 kit, the car would bog down around 10-13 PSI. Alky set to come on at 7 on the controller, DP comes on at 17.
With this system (No other changes), the “bog is gone”. Also appears to be more responsive in the mid boost range as well meaning . . . . the transition into full boost appears to be quicker, based on traction. I slowed down the boost ramp speed vian the MSBC and have LOTS to test.
I have no logs to compare, or runs to prove any of it . . . . .But, that’s what my butt says . . . . :p

[quote="Steve V, ]can't see the video?[/quote]

me either. get a "This video is private!" message.

You have to open it up in Youtube.

Edit. Ok it's not even coming up in youtube any more.

Last edited:
I noticed a spelling error and wanted to correct it. Of course that did not happen. Meanwhile, it should be back up for viewing. Try again and let me know.

That is very interesting.......... but one would think you need more than 100 psi to make the droplets way smaller due to less time it has to remove heat from the intake charge ...also when boost is applied the pressure delta will get smaller as the boost pressure goes up and this will have a even bigger effect in total flow output ....

I have thought about this several times myself. I was thinking more on the lines of the way that you fuel inject a blower. Plumbing up the small lines like NOS lines. Using a Champion 1" spacer and drilling 6 lines with a common manifold like the pics I'm posting. These pics are just my thought process.
ribbed hat hardline.JPG
Blower.jpg
Top_side_View.jpg

Attachments

• large13350-CNOS.jpg
    large13350-CNOS.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 213