Ball Bearing turbos and TRs.

alex

How many guys out there with BB turbos? Whats your
times and combos? Anyone with mostly street car?
Do you think its better to step up to BB option then go with
higher stall?
Alex

I nor my dad have ever used a BB turbo, so I can't give you first hand info. But I heard they spool faster than their non-BB counterparts, and if streetability is a factor, less stall would be a definite plus, and since a BB turbo allows less stall, that would be a good option for you. If you want more in depth advice about these turbos, talk to Jack Cotton, he seems to be the resident BB expert around here. He has a BB-80 on his car and I believe he runs in the 9.50 range. HTH

I have one from Jack C. A BB 60-1, (stage 5 Turbonetics) .82 A/R exhaust housing, 4" inlet, 2.5 outlet. I drive it on the street as much as possible. Has gone 11.47 but that should fall next wednesday as I am going to test the new set up for the first time. We'll see. Going to a BB T-66 over the winter. Call Jack, he knows all about em!

I have a BB 72 that I got from Jack a while back. It spools quicker han my old TE-62 I had before it. If you have the money for the BB option, I personally think it's a no-brainer. But I've also got one and seen the results. :)

Derrick

Russ,

Thanks for your post!

What injectors are you using?

Please keep us posted on your new times with the 60
next week. You'll have no trouble selling it when you go on to the 66.

:)

I'm running 55s right now for the GN1s, but last year when I ran it I had MSD 50s with STOCK heads. It went like hell on the street!

As was discussed in other posts, I would like to see some actual time(s) ran with and without the ball bearing option. A FAST datalog will show improvements in spoolup. I'm not discrediting anything here, just never seen solid facts to form a opinion.

Ted

I have a 60-1 Turbonetics BB. After getting the BB, there is no other way to go!!!!!! Best of both worlds.......very fast, almost no lag spoolup like a small turbo and the top end of a large turbo. To me there is no question to get or not to get the BB. The only question is do you have the money!!!!! As said before, talk to Jack Cotton, he is the man!!!!!

Jason

I can tell you that sometimes getting these bigger turbos to spool IS the problem.

The ball bearing turbos do work. We will have some numbers to back that up soon too.