You can type here any text you want

ball bearing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm cool Derrick,
I said my peace, Jack is a big boy and if he has more to say, then go for it. As for BB turbo as stated before, I love mine and will never go back to a non-BB. Now If I can just find some one to trade my 60 BB for a 72 BB, that be great,;) ;) ;)

Jason

Originally posted by Turbonetics
Heya Kendall,

Your racegate is in the mail, yeah that's it. ;)

I asked some of the other people here if we ever had a roller style bearing, but everyone gave me the same answer - no.

I don't know where they got the information on that page. Matter of fact, I have a Ceramic BB on my desk from stock, and it has ball bearings.

Hope this helps! :cool:

OK..I think it was the methanol fumes from those cheatin' Hondas then. I stand corrected..you've got balls. :D

Merry Christmas!

Originally posted by KendallF
OK..I think it was the methanol fumes from those cheatin' Hondas then. I stand corrected..you've got balls. :D

Merry Christmas!

Ah boy!
David,hurry up and send him his Racegate,will ya?
I can't take any more of these puns.:( :)

Originally posted by KendallF
...Maybe I'm on drugs but I remember seeing a T'netics rep with a cutaway center section at the Import Battle at Palmdale last year ...and I thought it had rollers (i.e., cylindrical bearings).

Nope, no drugs for you Kendall. I have seen what is probably the exact same cutaway model. Roller bearings they were.

David Sierra,

Have you seen a bearing assembly disassembled? Are you absolutely sure they are spherical? If so snap us some pics as I would like to see them.

Chris S

Hi Chris,

Yes I have seen a bearing assembly disassembled. I have one on my desk as stated in a eariler post, and you can clearly see the ball bearings.

I will try to find someone with a digital camera and get some pictures for you guys. :p

Correct me if I'm wrong here Dave,but the Turbonetics turbos use angular contact bearings,where last I checked the Garretts were using dual radial load bearings.
This allows the T-netics to absorb seven times the end thrust loads that a regular turbo can take,whereas the Garretts can only absorb 7% of the end thrust a normal turbo can take.
This would seem to suggest that the T-netics won't need a sneeze valve to live,whereas the Garretts will need a very good,well tuned sneeze valve otherwise it's "pooch city" for the Garrett.:(

That's a good point. I switched to a BB turbo and the bucking that I used to get when I let of the throttle is gone. I could never explain why. I still don't have a sneeze valve, but the buck is gone.

Good Points

The "buck" is the dreaded compressor surge, esp. common with FMs.

Good to hear it's gone with the BB-turbo.

Wonder if the GT-Series of Garretts have a higher load capability?

:confused:

Re: Good Points

Originally posted by Two Lane
The "buck" is the dreaded compressor surge, esp. common with FMs.

Good to hear it's gone with the BB-turbo.

Wonder if the GT-Series of Garretts have a higher load capability?

:confused:

Those are the dual BB turbos I was refering to.

We're back...

Hey guys!

I finally managed to snap some pictures of our ball bearings, but I have no place to put them.

Anyone willing put them up somewhere for me? :p

Re: We're back...

Originally posted by Turbonetics
Hey guys!

I finally managed to snap some pictures of our ball bearings, but I have no place to put them.

Anyone willing put them up somewhere for me? :p

Dave, send 'em here..since I was the one annoying you for the pics in the first place. :) I'll be online later tonight if you want to DCC 'em to me then...

These are what are inside a REAL turbo! From what i am told.
I should no personally by next week
Got that new T72BB coming:D
Otto

Back