You can type here any text you want

bandpass sub

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostx

KEEP ON BOOSTING
what 10" or 12" sub woofer speakers are the best for a bandpass box

Unless you get the right box plans. Then too much bass!!!
Some manufacturers such as Orion have many proven plans for both single and double reflex bandpass boxes. I have 2 10"'s in a 3 chamber single reflex box that pus out a sh*t load of good bass.

A good bandpass box has many benefits but the plans must be perfect.

Bandpass boxes give you a big hit for the wattage you use but are very limited in response range. If you just want a thump and are willing to sacrifice musicality, a band pass hits hard, but if you want to hear actual bass notes go with a sealed enclosure. My .02

Thanks for all the info
I am planning on using one 10" bandpass box with the ports pipe up into the deck lid..
i also using polks 6x9 for mid bass

I had a 10" infinity kappa in a bandpass Q-logic box in my trunk and I do not recommend it....At low volumes it was ANNOYING, I would hear a little boom coming directly from the trunk(it didnt sound like part of the system).....I would recommend a sealed enclosure for clarity and a nice bass response. Just make sure you have enough power to push the sub. Personally, I got rid of the bandpass and got a bazooka 10" and I like it much better than the bandpass setup I had and it was cheaper and takes up less space in my trunk and is lighter.

what part of Bklyn,Ny are you

Originally posted by 86cut
I had a 10" infinity kappa in a bandpass Q-logic box in my trunk and I do not recommend it....At low volumes it was ANNOYING, I would hear a little boom coming directly from the trunk(it didnt sound like part of the system).....I would recommend a sealed enclosure for clarity and a nice bass response. Just make sure you have enough power to push the sub. Personally, I got rid of the bandpass and got a bazooka 10" and I like it much better than the bandpass setup I had and it was cheaper and takes up less space in my trunk and is lighter.

I had a 10" infinity kappa in a bandpass Q-logic box in my trunk and I do not recommend it....At low volumes it was ANNOYING, I would hear a little boom coming directly from the trunk(it didnt sound like part of the system)..
Probably wasn't the right box for the speaker. Generic bandpass boxes hardly ever work right. Believe me, given the right box with the right woofer the results can be exceptional. When designed correctly bandpass boxes are easier on the woofer, have a higher db per watt, produce deeper bass, and built in low pass crossover. It's like most things in life - the best things don't come easy.

You probally get better bass response if you got a sealed box with two drivers and have it rear firing.

Back