You can type here any text you want

Bass upgrade

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

'87 Turbo "T"

What a complete shitshow!!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Hey everybody. Switched over from stock speakers to 6x9's from Carrtunz a few years back. However the car lacks the bass that I'd prefer.

What are you guys doing to improve the bass? Not looking to put a box/sub in trunk.

Was looking at the under seat subs(Infinity Basslink or Kicker Hideaway). Any opinions on these? I see mixed reviews.

Also is there a better set of 3-1/2's for the front than the set I currently have?

Shoot me out any opinions/ideas!

I have an Alpine CDE-182 deck.

Kenwood KFC-835c's(3-1/2") up front.

Carrtunz 6x9's in the back.

Thanks!

Last edited:
10" boxes (single or dual) fit on the shelf under the rear speakers. ;):p
IMG_1047.JPG

What are the opinions on the under seat subs?

Not sure I want boxes in the trunk.

Look up the rockford fosgate 10" powered sub. Like $300. Wedges in the top area of the trunk.

My first upgrade was better 4x10’s, a 20 watt RMSx 2 channel amp for the rear speakers.
It had similar bass as the newer Bose systems and I was happy for a few years.
You have good rear speakers already, put them to use.
Get an amp with speaker level inputs and run a 10 ga wire from the battery to power it.
I adjusted the balance so the rear speakers were the same volume as the front at the drivers seat.
I’ve done this with several cars over the years and feel it’s enough for a driver, but not quite enough for a show-y car.
When I upgraded the fronts I used 8 ohm home stereo tweeters. Small speaks don’t produce bass anyway.

Something like this would be plenty.
You would need the speaker level input wire connector.

Back