batery keeps dying while driving?? WTF, ANY1?

I don't like one wire alternators as they don't seem to put out much amperage at low rpm. Maybe I am wrong.

ok i called up summit racing and they have a 140amp alternator for my car that has a putout of 80 amps and idle and 140 cruising. is that good? if the battery was bad then wouldnt the volt light come on? that thing will not come on unless i ground it. im at a loss im ready to but a new one wire and hope that is the rpob. what should i do next get hte battery tested for a 3rd time?? they are gonna say its fine and not give me a new one. geez my head hurts...lol

whatcha gonna do if that alternator from Summit does not charge either? :)

Why don't you charge the battery properly and drive it to the alternator place and find out why? The line from the dash is working. You proved that. You also proved that the alternator would not charge even when bypassing the line from the dash and going straight to the alternator.

Doesn't that make you a little curious?

well here is the final update on my prb. i tok it to the alternator shop and had htem look the car over. i told them everyhtihng and htey said they will igure it out. well later in the day i got the cal that the car was done and ready. i pick it up ask him hiw what was hte prob? he said it was the wiring behind hte dash even though i tested it ou to be good. he put an external exciter or soemthing so its kinda like a one wire but not really. he did that changed to the right pulley size and put a new tighter belt on. i must say the car feels great with all the juice getting to everything. thanks to everyone that tried to help and a special thanks for steve wood for talking abck and forth helping me to try and figure htis probelm out.....=) im a happy camper again.

Just trying to save you a bunch of money! glad it got fixed. I know how such things drive you crazy. I have had many such problems... :)