You can type here any text you want

Battery drain

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Have you pulled fuses one by one and see what circuit the 53mA is being drawn on?

How long does it take to run the battery down? How old is the battery? Has it been tested?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Disconnect the neg. batt. cable and hook a test light between neg. cable and neg. post, if light stays on [key has to be off] you have a drain in system, now as achalmersman suggested pull fuses one at at time until you see test light bulb go out and that's the circuit your drain is on. This is hard to do on the newer vehicles because modules sometimes take a while to go to sleep and sometimes you can wake them up just by opening the door.Now you can start unplugging loads on that circuit until bulb goes out, and there is your problem. Good luck.By the way as someone else suggested ALWAYS fully charge the battery and load test it to make sure its good to go before running all these tests just to find out it was a batt. all this time.

So this is what I found using the test light btw neg bat / cable connections. The light goes on while the siren chirps and then immediately goes out. Almost like a circuit has a charge and then dies out.
I also put one of those disconnect terminals on the neg battery and that is a slick deal.

paul

Because it's SOOOOOO much fuckin' fun resetting everything, every time you drive the car............

Me thinks you have way too much time on your hands, sir............

I don't have to re-set a thing other than the clock.

It appears that you are the one with too much time on your hands. Go make your assumptions elsewhere.

If you made any tuning changes on your chip , timing for example , you would lose that setting and it would return to the default setting it came with . Plus the ECM would have to " relearn " and reset the clock & radio settings every time you disconnect the battery , hence Eric @ Turbotweak came up with his Tunesaver I mentioned above . Sam

Back