BATTERY LONGEVITY...

Buckshot G/N

Hey folks, I know over the years there have been many threads created about on which battery serves our needs for our cars. Just wanted to relay my experience with ACDELCO battery.
Being the original owner for nearly 37 years, here's the breakdown. I've only used ACDELCO batteries.
The OEM replaced after nearly 6 years. Second battery over 8 years .
Third battery over 10 years
Fourth battery ,the one I just replaced , nearly 13 years.
Granted the batteries were always plugged to a tender. I was very pleased to get nearly 13 years out of my last battery.
Attached are photos of last and new batteries.
If you look at the production code ( Manufacturer Johnson Control) you will notice replacement battery ( P0310R ) = Platinum series, born on 03/2010. The new battery ( G054R ) Gold series, born on This year 05/2024. I was told years ago that Battery manufacturers premature the date sticker on label by as much three to four months. In my case this is a good example in which I purchased battery on 05/13.

Needless to say I'm very pleased with my ACDELCO battery experience.
And the new battery cost, $150.00 out the door.

Attachments

• IMG_20240514_111719005_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240514_111719005_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230905_143621767_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230905_143621767_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
I've had my car for a little over 14 years and am on my 3rd ACDelco battery. I don't know how old the battery that was in it when I got is was, but it gave up the ghost about 3 years in. I just replaced the second one (the same one as you) about 10-12 days ago, and only because my forgetful old ass was testing the alky pump and I left the ignition on for like 4 friggin' days. :rolleyes:

I have the same battery in a 73 Nova that's about 3 years old.

Always kept on a NOCO battery tender.

You've have to stay off the race track in Chandler.. lol. speed does strange things to the mind.:mad: ...Nice to know you got longevity out of your ACDELCO battery.

I have to go to private track rentals or go down to Tucson where they still turn a blind eye to me not having a roll bar...

hello peoples: My bats last a few years and that's OK. No tender. But what I do get is a dual post. Youz guys with bats that last probably have your TB garaged all the time and that's great.
IBBY

hello peoples: My bats last a few years and that's OK. No tender. But what I do get is a dual post. Youz guys with bats that last probably have your TB garaged all the time and that's great.
IBBY
Yep ,spot on.... garaged kept since 1987.

In the past I've had the Optima Battery last me over 13 years, when they were owned by Optima, now they're owned by Johnson Controls, went thru 3 in less than 10 years...Never buy one again. Now AC Delco has always been a great name brand, but now the Batteries are made by Johnson Controls, let's see how long they last now. Also Do you drive and enjoy your car, or is it a GIANT DieCast sitting in your garage.

In the past I've had the Optima Battery last me over 13 years, when they were owned by Optima, now they're owned by Johnson Controls, went thru 3 in less than 10 years...Never buy one again. Now AC Delco has always been a great name brand, but now the Batteries are made by Johnson Controls, let's see how long they last now. Also Do you drive and enjoy your car, or is it a GIANT DieCast sitting in your garage.
YEP.... Giant diecast Nov thru about March. Average around 500 miles per year driving car.

YEP.... Giant diecast Nov thru about March. Average around 500 miles per year driving car.
Funny, my months are pretty much the opposite. I'm in Phoenix, so drive time is late September thru early June. Then it gets too hot to really enjoy the car.

I drive it as often as I can, mostly to work on Fridays, but get it out to the track a couple times a year.

I was on the struggle bus with it the last two years, but think I finally have it sorted out now, with the help of Gene Bomba , from Arizona GN, my buddy Tom, and Dennis Hogan from Seattle.

Just in time for the hot weather.... :( LOL.

Yell a big difference in Temp in the hills of TN in the summer months. Don't get me wrong if the weather is suitable ( 50 degrees) in Nov & Dec and there's no salt or grime on road, I will take the old TB out, as you well know 50 degrees is insane craving for these cars.