Battle Bots enthusiasts

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Anyone here follow BattleBots ?
This competition is getting pretty is with multiple countries entering.

I look at some of the designs and shake my head. Some of these bots can be compared to entering racing event, and hoping to win only if the other cars break down. LOL IMO, if the bot is not designed to take out tomb stone, stay home!

Tomb Stone is a killer. There's only a few ways to disable it. Maybe if you could sneak up from behind and take out the tires that's probably it. They armored the chain so a pincher can't get the chain. Once the spinner gets to speed it's all over.

Anyone here follow BattleBots ?
This competition is getting pretty is with multiple countries entering.

I look at some of the designs and shake my head. Some of these bots can be compared to entering racing event, and hoping to win only if the other cars break down. LOL IMO, if the bot is not designed to take out tomb stone, stay home!
Tombstone has a welded tube frame and I don't see why on one else will adopt that methodology. Electronics need some kind of cushioning also.

Tombstone has a welded tube frame and I don't see why on one else will adopt that methodology. Electronics need some kind of cushioning also.
True on the cushioning.
I haven't seen the design of the electronics though. Besides, that bot won in 2017 (?) so he must have accounted for it?

I used to. They used to fight em here on Treasure Island the Island between San Francisco and Oakland off the Bay Bridge. Pretty wild. Maybe we should build a BATTLEBUICK BOT and give them a run for their money. I see many ways that could be made highly defensible.
Yes Tombstone is Bad ass

WE4

I like the change they made to duck! This season. The nose is able to protect the wheels from the sides now, plus more range of motion. That was a tough bot although it has no weapon.

I like the change they made to duck! This season. The nose is able to protect the wheels from the sides now, plus more range of motion. That was a tough bot although it has no weapon.
Yeah . . They got robbed last year. Good improvement with that bot, and still very durable.

Some of the spinners have a limited amount of hits they can give out. 5 or so huge hits and it seems they damage their own internals somehow. Cushioning of these parts is a must! I'm not saying I know how to do it though. Lol

Captain shreaderator got greasy and went in for one more hit. Problem was they were counting out the other guy. He broke himself and the mangled guy won!

The weapon needs to transfer maximum energy (Joules) in the most effective way with a single blow.

The way I view it: Do you design for a 22 Cal machine gun, or a 12 gage slug to stop the opponent?

Driving skill is critical to exert the energy to the weakest spot of the opponent.

Wonder what weapon design would be able to stamd up to tomb stone?

Probably taking out the wheels so it's stuck in one spot is about it.

Every bot has a weakness, but tomb stone is destructive to its opponents.

Duck must be the most durable bot in the competition. I laughed at the air mile references.

Who do you think will go to the finals?

Every bot has a weakness, but tomb stone is destructive to its opponents.

Duck must be the most durable bot in the competition. I laughed at the air mile references.

Who do you think will go to the finals?
My goodness Bite Force is deadly too. Monsoon has a weak midsection. This season and last I've seen it broken in giant chunks.

I wonder what outcome "huge" and "mammoth" were hoping for when they designed their bot. These bots aren't even close. Lol

I agree. Mammoth could be much better if they hide the wheels inboard of the frame. Huge does OK if not fighting tombstone or similar, but they will never get through a tournament hoping for that.