Battle Bots enthusiasts

I'm hooked love the program. Love playing armchair engineer and predict the outcomes. I'm amazed at the energy some of them make. Some of the weapons are outright scary. They look like toys in the ring but them things are 250 pounds of metal and technology that can do serious mayhem. As others have said its really about exploiting the opponents weakness and guarding your own. The driving is really key in these battles.

I've never seen or heard of them until I saw this thread. Now I'm hooked as well. The engineering that goes into them is amazing

I'm hooked love the program. Love playing armchair engineer and predict the outcomes. I'm amazed at the energy some of them make. Some of the weapons are outright scary. They look like toys in the ring but them things are 250 pounds of metal and technology that can do serious mayhem. As others have said its really about exploiting the opponents weakness and guarding your own. The driving is really key in these battles.
Yeah, they look small but was amazed at the size after they showed a few people carrying the weapons. Don't know why I didn't notice that before.

I've never seen or heard of them until I saw this thread. Now I'm hooked as well. The engineering that goes into them is amazing
I keep thinking . .
Wonder what design would permit maximum energy transfer, and be stable after the blow?

Take tombstone.
It transfers energy but gets real unstable, almost to a.point of self destruction

Minitour (sp?) and bite force are awesome bots but lack the reach like tombstone.

Driving skill and speed are so critical.

I think more development of a flamethrower is worthwhile. I think they need a napalm style goo and spray it unlit. Then ignite the mess once competitor is dowsed. One or 2 melted wires is all it takes.

More of a pinpoint flame like a welding torch.:devil:

Finally had a chance to catch up on last weeks' episode.
Glad tomb stone got taken out! I "was" a big fan but the guy is too cocky IMO. He couldn't even graciously admit defeat.
His assessment of the failure (Fire) could be correct, but damn, just take the loss and admit defeat.

I am picking Hydro vs Bite Force in the final.

Real surprising how big these things are. You would never guess unless they are holding the parts for show and tell.