You can type here any text you want

Beat an 04 GTO

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well my old car was an S.H.O. and that had duel overhead cams and 24 valves. Low end sucked, but after 70 mph the car was quck and fun. I touched 130 mph very often on thruways and ventured into the 140 area occasionaly. It took to high speeds and revs very well. The redline was 7200.

Now with the low end grunt in the Regal I am much happier and keep my speed down. I'd rather take off like a rocket than compared to running around at high speeds for thrills in the SHO.

Originally posted by I eat Z06
It should come with the 3.6@240 for the base, and the 3.8S@260 for the higher model. Since it is a motor created by Buick.

Nick

I agree with you it should have the Buick 3.8 supercharged motor not the 3.6, but GM now sees it as a GM motor not a Buick, Chevy or Cadillac motor etc.

I believe one of the Pontiac's has the 3.8 supercharged and putting out 280hp. Probably a pulling change who knows.

But of course we know the SC3.8 is very capable of numbers well over 300hp, Buick just needs to put it in a rwd platform.

And you know it can be done look at the GTO from Holden, they have rwd 3.8's down under.

Originally posted by Bluto
You bring up a good point. For the life of me I don't understand why the 3.8 only has 200 hp without an S/C (on the series II).

There are plenty of cars that have a smaller six that have more Hp. Look at the 300m, 255 hp n/a the Accord 260 hp n/a. Imagine an S/C on those.

Is it because the Buick 3.8 is not overhead cam, and only 12 valves?

its not about horsepower
look at the torque.....200hp but 235 ft/lbs.
those are use 4 valves a cylinder and variable valve timing
the 3.8 is built for forced induction..like peanut butter is to jelly
the 3.8 w/ a SC is same price or cheaper to build than others

try putting a SC on a chrysler 3.5 or honda....those engines will be reduced to a pile of metal..it would take big time $$$ to make it work

oh yeah if you look at alot of these imports the are running 11.0:1 compression ratios and 4.10 gears:eek:
where the 3.8 is 9.5:1

At the battle of the clubs track day we had a few weeks ago there was a real nice blue 04. He started it up and it sounded like it might be a little modded (exhaust and it was lopeing a little more than a stock ones I had heard before). Pulled up to the starting line 17" wheels and all proceeded to run a 10.46! We were in shock. That in all my years has to be the single most bad ass sleeper I have ever seen. Looked BONE stock and was a very very nice looking ride. BUT A MID 10. Wow

If I did not drive so much and needed to have something fairly economical I would get one. I think they are real nice.

I read in GMHP that in 06 or 07 they are going to put the Corvette 6.0 on the GTO. I might get one then.:cool:

That is for 2005, ram air hood, and the true duals exit on each side of the car.

Nick

Back