You can type here any text you want

Beer for men not gangsters! New from Stone Brew....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darkcyde

Banned
ArrogantBastard.com

From the makers of Stone Brew in So Cal. I present The Lucky Bastard! Man this is a beauty, ladies and gangsters need not apply. I will be attempting 2L of this tomorrow. Shouldn't be as bad as last years 2L Double Bastard attempt. And thats L for Liter, if you don't have a growler then you don't drink beer, you drink water with flavored alcohol in it! Just joking by the way, not making fun of you ladies that enjoy flavored water.....but I was lucky enough to have a 2008 Vertical Epic tonight, wow. :eek:

hope you like this better then the fire place thread haha. btw I found some killer starts mini logs @ albertsons 4 for $2.20, and found some free non seasoned :( but still high burning btu maple wood. Been burning nicely; if I rage the fire I can get 2 degree on the thermo but 1 degree is average for about 3-4 logs.

Ok, I'm a little bit confused. Is this an attempt to advertise or what? Still, nothing beats a good ole Jack and Coke....lol Sorry, beer is not my preferred poison needlessto say. Happy Happy Joy Joy...

Ahh, to be able to purchase Arrogant Bastard in eastern Nebraska. To my knowledge, the nearest place that sells it is in Denver. Luckily I've had some friends that were kind enough to bring some back for me, so I've been fortunate enough to try the Arrogant Bastard, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, and the Stone Pale Ale.

bottles.jpg

I'd never even heard of the stuff until I was hiking near Deckers in 2004, when I happened upon an empty 22oz. bottle laying near an abandoned camp site. It wasn't until fall of last year that I finally got to try it.

Two things:

1. Is there any way to have some shipped to Nebraska?

2. Someone should really spell check that Lucky Bastard page. I'd be more than happy to retype everything and send it to whomever necessary in order to procure a bottle. :D

You can ship anything you want as long as you are 'liberal' with the description of what is actually IN the box ;)

Edit: holy crap I just tried to read that page...gave up three lines in.

Me and AL just had the double bastard hope we dont wake up in the same bed together in the morning!!! Lou I hope there is no broken feelings on this one...

I'd never even heard of the stuff until I was hiking near Deckers in 2004, when I happened upon an empty 22oz. bottle laying near an abandoned camp site. It wasn't until fall of last year that I finally got to try it.

Two things:

1. Is there any way to have some shipped to Nebraska?

2. Someone should really spell check that Lucky Bastard page. I'd be more than happy to retype everything and send it to whomever necessary in order to procure a bottle. :D

that is a sweet discovery from hiking! what a cool story!!!
1. I live 45 min from the brewery, goto their site or give them a call. If its possible I'll ship you all the fresh stone you can ever buy just pm any time. 2. you'll understand why when you get a bottle and try reading the back haha. the stories are half the fun and this lucky bastard is no different. Everything is done for a reason @ Stone. Their quality control is some what of a dream for how tight it is. Liquor has nothin to do with a beer thread ladies so need not apply. Anyways so have you tried the Double Bastard, its alky 11.5%? Or the new Lucky Bastard? Its only 8.5% but it is a combination of the Arrogant, Double, and Oak Bastard All in One.

Sorry, single malt scotch whisky (SMSW) & a splash here, or nada.
A couple of discount liquor stores, 1 in Huntington Beach and 1 in Brea have The Macallan 18 YO for about $130 or so a bottle.

Actually, I've got a buddy in Denver right now, he's getting me some of each. They don't have the Lucky Bastard in yet though.

Sorry, single malt scotch whisky (SMSW) & a splash here, or nada.
A couple of discount liquor stores, 1 in Huntington Beach and 1 in Brea have The Macallan 18 YO for about $130 or so a bottle.

Gary guess you missed the above mentioned so you might want to retract your previous. "Liquor has nothin to do with a beer thread ladies so need not apply" Besides all that whisky couldn't get you to do any of this in video so where you at? I have done at least some of it on El Toro base in a V, the V convertable back in the V's testing days via RaceWay Driving Program, dont worry they went out of business but sure put on a hell of a day class. Just jokes gary enjoy the video of how they show of the V in the far east mother land. YouTube - Cadillac V Day in Shanghai

supercrackerbox: if you want a box or keg of the lucky bastard just call them and see what they say, I'll ship you out a box np just let me know. It's worth it, a first time release from stone brew is rare enough let alone having it combined all 3 bastards. I'll get a bottle and post it up. Last night I had TWO vertical epics side by side, an '08 and '10. Wow what 2 years of curing does to good beer.

Hmmm, seeing that my Wife is Chinese and from Shanghai, this video just might turn her on to buy a V..... Cool video, sadly to say, the USofA should have made a badarse video like this before the Chinese did.

Last night I had TWO vertical epics side by side, an '08 and '10. Wow what 2 years of curing does to good beer.

Interesting. Now in the pic I posted, you'll notice that one of the bottles is still full. Basically I was saving it for a special occasion, and that occasion never took place before the "Drink By" date on the bottle, which was November of '09.

Think it's still worth drinking?

Gary guess you missed the above mentioned so you might want to retract your previous. "Liquor has nothin to do with a beer thread ladies so need not apply" Besides all that whisky couldn't get you to do any of this in video so where you at? I have done at least some of it on El Toro base in a V, the V convertable back in the V's testing days via RaceWay Driving Program, dont worry they went out of business but sure put on a hell of a day class. Just jokes gary enjoy the video of how they show of the V in the far east mother land. YouTube - Cadillac V Day in Shanghai

supercrackerbox: if you want a box or keg of the lucky bastard just call them and see what they say, I'll ship you out a box np just let me know. It's worth it, a first time release from stone brew is rare enough let alone having it combined all 3 bastards. I'll get a bottle and post it up. Last night I had TWO vertical epics side by side, an '08 and '10. Wow what 2 years of curing does to good beer.

Mark:
Get the sand out of your Schlitz, mouse up (ya know, man up), & die right.
Just jokes, Mark, enjoy.

Stone Brewery Rocks

I just bought 3 of the 3liters of Double Bastard...
and its refillable... The Lucky Bastard is pretty good stuff too,
The brewery is pretty cool if you ever get a chance to visit it...
gonna go back pretty soon.... we should do a GN meet there..hahahaha

I just bought 3 of the 3liters of Double Bastard...
and its refillable... The Lucky Bastard is pretty good stuff too,
The brewery is pretty cool if you ever get a chance to visit it...
gonna go back pretty soon.... we should do a GN meet there..hahahaha

Been there many times. YOU HAVE to go for their special events. If you like the brewery you should do their tasting dinner special event UNREAL! They also have days PRE marked on their beer calender in which they step down into the storage unit and pull out old no longer available unless they pull it out. I call it the Private Reserve. And wow!! For example this year they pulled out a 2005 Russian Stout, omg it was to die for! The Double Bastard is unbelievably good. 2 of those guys and I'm out for the count, but I wake up the next day feeling so fresh and so clean with ZERO hangover, thanks to the ingredients.

I hope no public GN meets will occur there, the GNs from this section already have ruined the cars n coffee show (an insane car show local to me) which I held near and dear to my heart for years without seeing one GN in the show but thats all changed now....

But for sure next time you go shoot me a PM I'll meet you there. I love that place! I am SOOOO lucky enough that a BEST FRIEND to the owner of Stone has his own family run bar in the same city I live in (they are green bay packers fans till death), 3 generations actively working there (kids, parents, and grand parents), not open on weekends and closes around 8-9pm during the weekdays. They have Lucky Bastard on tap and the Double Bastard on Tap, plus 10 other microbrews on tap and over 300 different bottles to purchase.

to anyone looking for my free stock parts; the delivery has been postponed until Im back from vacation beginning of January first week

You worry about drinking beer, I worry about keeping this board going and keeping a roof over my families head.

Grow up kid... Or at least stay out of other peoples business, ain't to cool is it???

You worry about drinking beer, I worry about keeping this board going and keeping a roof over my families head.

Grow up kid... Or at least stay out of other peoples business, ain't to cool is it???

I worry about beer? You telling me what I worry about now thats about as funny as it gets. I do stay out of people's business (why did you feel these subjects are appropriate for my Stone Brew Microbeer thread, you could have just PM'ed me), so what are you talking about exactly.....? I am trying to grow up but role models here are hard to find here and when I find them they don't post anymore because of 'choice' opinions of the board. Wanna pm me something or did you just feel that you had to inject this here? Please let me know if your going to ban me now so I can transfer all my info! The last two times I have lost all of my information saved, all of saved threads, all of my sent PMs, all of my received PMs, all my favorites and each time you ban me all I get are one line sentences that dont make sense. Then you guys never reply to any of my emails in regards to the ban. And when I come back its all void....

ANYWAYS Bounty Hunter did you pick up a growler when you went? Any merchandise? I got the growler and a shirt the first time I went, I was blown away with that place.

WELLS I know your joking so was I....I think im just a lil jealous of that V you have!

I am somewhat envious of it myself. It gets treated better than I do. It doesn't have to go to work, doesn't have to go out in foul weather, gets covered when not in use. I should have it so good myself.

BTW, this is Shane's forum / board / site / sandbox, and he deserves considerably more respect and consideration that you are giving him. He doesn't ask a lot, and he gets little in return. I will understand if I don't see any more of your beer posts for the next 30,.....60,.....90,.....and / or forever days. What were you thinking? I would not suggest a recurrence of this. Have good holidays.

I worry about beer? You telling me what I worry about now thats about as funny as it gets. I do stay out of people's business (why did you feel these subjects are appropriate for my Stone Brew Microbeer thread, you could have just PM'ed me), so what are you talking about exactly.....? I am trying to grow up but role models here are hard to find here and when I find them they don't post anymore because of 'choice' opinions of the board. Wanna pm me something or did you just feel that you had to inject this here? Please let me know if your going to ban me now so I can transfer all my info! The last two times I have lost all of my information saved, all of saved threads, all of my sent PMs, all of my received PMs, all my favorites and each time you ban me all I get are one line sentences that dont make sense. Then you guys never reply to any of my emails in regards to the ban. And when I come back its all void....

!

Okay, you dumb little turd. WTF did you put your .02's in that thread about me and the thread had nothing to do with me:confused:

You fell right into that:wink:

You know each and every time why you were banned. If not you are really dumber than I thought...

Back