You can type here any text you want

Beige Cream T in Muscle Car Review magazine.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

t-typinator

Just wondering if the owner is a member?
I'm curious about the car.
The only other ones i've seen are the other 2 on this site + they are optioned out different then mine,but the one in the magazine is a chrome package, solid roof car, like mine.
It really took me by surprise,it was weird i picked up the magazine to look at it but dropped it on the floor, it landed open on my foot with my car 's twin staring up at me,it wouldn't have been too big of a deal if it was a gn,because there are lots of gn articles + gn owners too, but how many magazine articles are out there with a cream colored tr in it ,+ it just happens to fall open to a person that owns a cream tr, The odds have to be, 1 in millions. I was in Barnes + Noble's + i think everybody in the store heard me say, NO WAY!!!!!!!
Anyway,i started looking + it does look like there are some differences,like it has flat chrome side mirrors instead of the body colored bullet shaped ones,and it looks like it has regular t type buckets + console,with somekind of extra aftermarket console on top, but then has a column shift,so i'm wondering if it's maybe an earlier yr or something.
I am interested in the particulars just to see how close it is to mine,+ just to learn about another car with the same rare color,there is not alot of them out there.
It is only shown from the front ,so it's hard to get alot of details about it from the pic.
The article is about the bpg t-type reunion,+ they have the cars parked in the shape of a T, and the car is the first one in the T.
Aaaanyway, if you own the car or know the car, please chime in with some details + or pics.
If you don't feel like posting it here,please pm me. Thanks.

It is a very nice clean car. I did not get to speak to the owner. The lady in the pic is the Mrs. They did print the owners name in the article.

I had quite a few beers that day so my normal "remeber everything" about the car was not at full capacity!

Attachments

• Cream Buick.jpg
    Cream Buick.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 326
Actually, her name is Belva Meyers and she and her husband Sid attend just about every Buick event there is, from BPG's event in July/August, GSCA's event and the BCA events. Super nice people. Belva can usually be found in the BPG tent helping my wife Jodie with T-Shirts and such and Sid heads up the Concours judging team.

You'll never meet two finer people than Sid and Belva plus they have barns full of muscle Buick's from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Thanks for the responses about the car.
here is a pic of mine to show why i say it is the twin.
I,m curious about a few things different between the 2 cars.
It has those chrome mirrors,+ i'm wondering if those were just added somewhere in the life of the car,or is that what usually comes with the chrome package + the bullet type like on mine are an option? or are the chrome ones an option? It looks like in the picture of all the cars, the blue one at the back right side is also a chrome car + it looks like it may have that same type of chrome mirror, but can't tell for sure, but the 4th car from the front is a chrome car + has the bullet type.
My car also has the blue square emblems behind the side rear windows,(which i believe is part of the chrome package),but that car doesn't so i'm wondering if they were just taken off of that car at some point or if that is how it came,+ why would 1 come with them + another one not.I also just noticed that the blue chrome package car in the picture that looks like it has the chrome mirrors,also doesn't have the blue square emblems.
So i guess the question would be if those 2 cars both are chrome cars,+ have the chrome mirrors but no blue squares,why does mine + others with the chrome package,have the body color bullet mirrors,+those blue square emblems ? my grey car with the chrome package also had the bullet mirrors + the blue emblems.
i would have thought maybe someone just added the chrome mirrors on the cream car + took off the blue emblems but that blue car in the picture seems to be the same way, so it looks like they may have come 2 diff ways. just curious about the differences,anybody know if they came 2 diff ways and if so ,why? The second pic shows the blue square emblem i am talking about.
could it be maybe the difference between early + late built cars?
I'd love to see the rpo tag on that car to compare with mine.
I'd like to see more pics of that car too it looks incredibly nice.

Attachments

• P1010567.jpg
    P1010567.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 251
  • P1000608.jpg
    P1000608.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 268
On a base Regal the chrome mirrors were stand equipment. The sport mirrors were an option.

As for the emblems they should be there.

On all black-out Regal’s they are deleted as a chrome and blue emblem would clash with the black-out theme. It is also why you could not get cornering lamps or a vinyl roof on a black-out car too much chrome.

Some non black-out cars do have their chrome and blue symbols missing right from the factory. That is more of a quality control issue. Sort of like my buddies 2000 GMC Suburban, all the outside emblems are GMC all the interior emblems are CHEVY. Kind of funny and it came right from the factory like that!

As for the T to the right of the Silver one its chrome mirrors are from an early 80’s Eldorado. I asked the owner because they were not the correct style as the one’s on the Cream Beige.

One of my favorites at the event was a 87 Black on Maroon Turbo T, only had 2 options from the factory, AM radio and G80. Bench seat and all!

Here is a pic of it,

Attachments

• DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 262
PhoebeDrivSide.jpg

12033-1.jpg

DSCF2060Medium.jpg

DSCF2135Medium.jpg

3589171476235724278IM104565x421_A56.jpg

P1000184.jpg

limiteddriverside.jpg

87t-type1internet.jpg

Regal006.jpg

Upon studying the pix I have collected the only reasons I can thing of that the car would have the "diver down" regal chrome is that it has coach lights or it was repainted and the emblems weren't re-installed or they fell off and weren't re-installed. Even the ones with the landau top have the emblem.

buick006.jpg

moms21.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

132592.jpg

140.jpg

3-9-07001.jpg

2eq44dd.jpg

DSC028152post.jpg

A few more pix for reference. The car does have to have the chrome to get there. None of the WO2 cars had them, the rear quarter "Regal", the deck lid chrome piece around the lock cylinder or front fender cornering lamps.

I am the owner of the Cream Beige 1987 T-Type in question. When the vehicle was purchased, it was missing one of the blue and chrome emblems on the C piller. I have no idea whether this emblem was missing at the time of delivery or was removed later. Since I did not have an emblem to replace the missing one, I chose to remove the remaining one since I prefer the clean C piller look. As was already stated, the chrome outside rear view mirrors were standard with the chrome package and the bullet (sport) mirrors were optional. This car also has a 60-40 split bench seat with a fold down center armrest and a column shifter, as well as a fixed mast antenna. I have the original window sticker for this car so I am quite sure of the optional equipment. The car has approximately 38,000 miles and is completely original under the hood.

How about some more pix of said car. Looks like a real nice one. By your statement you aren't the original owner? TIA

No, I am not the original owner. I do not recall if I am the second or the third owner, however, the car has always had good care. Hi Brad!

No, I am not the original owner. I do not recall if I am the second or the third owner, however, the car has always had good care. Hi Brad!
Third owner, Sid. Handicapped guy, the insurance lady and then you.

Sid bought this car in Flint at the 100th anniversary celebration in 2003. There were 3 of us looking it over and we all knew one of us was going to bring that car home. Beautiful example of a T/R.

here is one I purchaced with Black out trim,Twilight,concert,astro,G80,rear fogger.Very interesting thread.they can be very differant...Nice car Sid ,I was looking at it in Columbus didnt get a chance to talk.I was Racing in TSM

IMG_0065.jpgIMG_0076.jpg

Here are a few pictures taken at the 2006 GS Nationals in Bowling Green, KY.
6280627284_2fed4d645d_b.jpgGS_Nationals_052006%20587.jpgGS_Nationals_052006%20590.jpgGS_Nationals_052006%20610.jpgGS_Nationals_052006%20632.jpg

I was wondering when i drove my golf kart the day later by there who left that patch right there. Good job Mark! Hope to see you guys again next year!

I was wondering when i drove my golf kart the day later by there who left that patch right there. Good job Mark! Hope to see you guys again next year!

LOL We'll be there next year Tony, we had way to much fun to miss it! And beer is so cheap in the US:D

I am the owner of the Cream Beige 1987 T-Type in question. When the vehicle was purchased, it was missing one of the blue and chrome emblems on the C piller. I have no idea whether this emblem was missing at the time of delivery or was removed later. Since I did not have an emblem to replace the missing one, I chose to remove the remaining one since I prefer the clean C piller look. As was already stated, the chrome outside rear view mirrors were standard with the chrome package and the bullet (sport) mirrors were optional. This car also has a 60-40 split bench seat with a fold down center armrest and a column shifter, as well as a fixed mast antenna. I have the original window sticker for this car so I am quite sure of the optional equipment. The car has approximately 38,000 miles and is completely original under the hood.

Wow,just got my power back after 3 days, 2 ft of heavy wet snow on the tree's that still have most of there leaves was too much for the power grid.
But thanks for the info + pics on your car, it clears up some questions i had,about the chrome cars + those blue emblems, + chrome mirrors too.
There is not alot of them around so the info on them seems to be limited.
The car is awesome, really took me by surprise when i saw it in the magazine, especially because it was pretty close to mine,with the solid roof + chrome package,the other 2 i have seen are the 2 on this thread,The Limited,+ The Astroroof Blackout Car,both awesome cars also.
I love the Cream Cars, and they are such a novelty because you just don't see them,+ the tan interiors are incredible.
As far as i know they all had the tan interior,anybody ever see one with a diff interior?
I'm pretty sure it was the only color interior that was available with the Beige cream, because it was probably the only color that would match up with it.

Back