You can type here any text you want

bent cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SIXBANGR

mean old man
just started putting my engine back together, cam is bent. It is a 206/206 roller from Weber. What is a good replacement from FT for a driver and little bit of racing? Have ported irons, PT54, slic, PTC convertor. Will it work with my other cam pieces?

Usually you can successfully straighten the cam unless its bent in more than one direction. Email me pics of it and i can tell you if its possible

looks like the front is bent about .020-.030 . Where would you get one fixed?

looks like the front is bent about .020-.030 . Where would you get one fixed?

Any machine shop that has an arbor press should be able to do it. The shaft will be spun between centers and indicated to find the high side and marked with a marker. Then they will press the shaft in that spot and more often than not they will be able to achieve nearly zero run out after a few tries. Ive never had one bent that much but its worth a shot. I have straightened a few this way that were out .001 or so. I have also straightened manual transmission main shafts bent .010-.015 with this techinique.

I just put it on a flat surface. It may be bent more than that. Also may be front and rear.If I go with a FT cam will my other cam pieces work?

think I will go back to my 206 flat tappet cam. Have every thing but lifters. Been slowing it down anyway.

I just put it on a flat surface. It may be bent more than that. Also may be front and rear.If I go with a FT cam will my other cam pieces work?
They will not work.

I meant if I buy their roller cam only, not the kit. Fullthrottle. I just caught that, sorry guys.

I meant if I buy their roller cam only, not the kit. Fullthrottle. I just caught that, sorry guys.
FT cams are ductile cores and use the stock style even fire nose on them unlike Weber billet cams which require odd fire components

FT cams are ductile cores and use the stock style even fire nose on them unlike Weber billet cams which require odd fire components

so I can use my stock style roller timing chain and the old stock stuff with Mikes cam.Or just get another CC from Weber.

Back