bent seat frame

tonytheplumber

slow and low
Well, I'm pretty sure my seat frame is bent since the upper part seems to kick a Detroit lean towards the passenger side. But what the hell do I do about it? Does anybody sell seat frames, or do I put some ass into it and straighten it out, or...? I have the cover peeled up on the seat back and can't really see anything broken, or cracked. Oh, and how the hell does the head rest release from the seat back? I cannot get it out so I can't get the seat covering completely off:rolleyes:.

There is a detent ball that holds the headreast in. I saw an upholstery shop take mine out. It was kinda like a slim jim and they slipped it down from the front side. It covers the ball and the headrest pulled straight out. Ask a local shop, maybe they can help with advice.

There is a detent ball that holds the headreast in. I saw an upholstery shop take mine out. It was kinda like a slim jim and they slipped it down from the front side. It covers the ball and the headrest pulled straight out. Ask a local shop, maybe they can help with advice.

I used a putty knife which I had to "persuade" to bend like I needed it to, but it worked like a charm!! Thanks John!

Mounting bracket is prolly cracked seen alot of them doit including mine

Mounting bracket?? What do you mean by mounting bracket? The seat track is all good. With the track removed from the seat, and the seat sitting on my garage floor I can see clearly that the top, right of the seat back leans back, but I don't see any damage on the seat back itself. I haven't stripped down the seat bottom yet.

Does anybody here sell new seat foam peices?

I dont think i have ever seen one that has been driven alot not lean to inside. Grab it like a whore and wrastle that sum bitch straight.:biggrin:

I dont think i have ever seen one that has been driven alot not lean to inside. Grab it like a whore and wrastle that sum bitch straight.:biggrin:

Never heared it put that way but does it work cause mine leans a little too

Is the seat gonna pepper spray me like the last time I tried to wrastle a...uh, nevermind. That sounds like a plan, I suppose. And let me tell ya, would have been a hell of a lot quicker/easier to smack my seat up like a filthy tramp than to gently undress the seat back frame to check for cracks.

Is the seat gonna pepper spray me like the last time I tried to wrastle a...uh, nevermind. That sounds like a plan, I suppose. And let me tell ya, would have been a hell of a lot quicker/easier to smack my seat up like a filthy tramp than to gently undress the seat back frame to check for cracks.
LMAO! I just sat on my knees in the seat and man handled it. You can try sitting in back seat and do the same. I think cause armrest is so low everybody sorta leans to rest arm and over the years it just bends. It didnt come out perfect but real close. Let me know how it works.

Crap. Gotta put my seat back together and get it back into the car first. I dont think rolling around on my garage floor with my seat in a full nelson will get me anywhere. I don't think I can hold it down, and have my way with at the same time. I'll let ya know how it goes after I reassemble, reinstall, and take my worldly aggressions out on it.

i have a straight seat frame no tracks that needs a recover i'll sell you for $100 plus shipping just put your seat material on my straight seat frame and be done with it.

The inboard hinge bolt is threaded all the way in right? Mine came loose and it had a gangster lean to it.

i have a straight seat frame no tracks that needs a recover i'll sell you for $100 plus shipping just put your seat material on my straight seat frame and be done with it.
Hmmmm...That might work. Let me regain interest in going out in the garage, and I'll contact you. Thanks!!

repeat of the problem: Lose a 100#:eek::D

Man, If I lose a hundred pounds: A- I would have to loose some limbs, and that better not be including the throttle leg! B- If I kept all of my limbs intact I would have lost the muscle structure required to even turn the ignition on. C- If I was 6'3" tall and only 95lbs I would need new clothes, and probably a new wife cause I don't wanna be married to a woman who can make me say "uncle!".

The inboard hinge bolt is threaded all the way in right? Mine came loose and it had a gangster lean to it.
Yea, it was tight. The seat is in pieces on my workbench at the present moment, and I do remember that the torx hinge bolt was tight when I removed it.

Soooo nobody answered the question about some new seat foam inserts. does that mean they are not available?? I know I looked through Kirbans site and found nothing. I'm sure I could find some on evilbay, but does anybody here sell em?