You can type here any text you want

besides a good tune up first mods for 87 turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thutch

car is in good condition,low miles i carfaxed and autocheckedso i brought it.
i was thinking start with a cat-back exhaust then move my way up to the,
down pipe.i have no plans of going to the track.p.s someone come and get my hotair its the 85 on ebay right now.

car is in good condition,low miles i carfaxed and autocheckedso i brought it.
i was thinking start with a cat-back exhaust then move my way up to the,
down pipe.i have no plans of going to the track.p.s someone come and get my hotair its the 85 on ebay right now.

I'd start with the spring cleaning guide on gnttype.org.

Exhaust and downpipe would be a good start. Along with a boost gauge, fuel pump and scan tool of some sort.

2nd spring cleaning. but if your not going to goto the track then i would do a downpipe last on your list. it will save you money and not gain for what you plan to do with the car. stock down pipe is good for 11's.

3rd the spring cleaning, after that you can start with some bolt ons,

1. cat back exhaust
2. fuel pump,hot-wire kit for pump
3. adj. fuel regulator
4. adj. wastegate
5. modern chip
6. a k&n air filter or some cold air kit, this is a good start!

so i like ur list turbojd,its along the line of what i was thinking i brought the 87
regal from greyiron a very nice guy to deal with so i sold the 86 cutty supreme and the 85 t-type on ebay.i will be putting some gnx flares and gn
rear spoiler along with coys wheels 22x9 rear with 20x8 fronts.

3rd the spring cleaning, after that you can start with some bolt ons,

1. cat back exhaust
2. fuel pump,hot-wire kit for pump
3. adj. fuel regulator
4. adj. wastegate
5. modern chip
6. a k&n air filter or some cold air kit, this is a good start!

I like jd's list, but #1 should be SCANTOOL!!!!!!
followed by fuel pressure gage, fuel pump/hotwire, etc....

okay i would eventually add the scan tool but this car is going to be my spring summer cruiser,and do i really need the alky controll,i picked up the
car from greyiron today,runs great lots of paper work on how the car ended
up with low miles,i now know the benefits of the intercooler.

If you are smart, you will buy the scan tool first, and 'eventually' add go-fast parts.... :wink:

MOST DEF!! YOU'LL BE HAULIN ALREADY. IT IS BETTER TO SEE A PROBLEM DEVELOPING WITH GAUGES.
1. SCANTOOL
2. KNOCK SENSOR GAUGE
3. BOOST/VAC

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE JUST BUILDING A CRUISE VEHICLE. IF YOU WANT SOME PERFORMANCE LATER, YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO CHANGE OUT THE GEARS TO ACCOMADATE FOR THOSE 22" WHEELS.:rolleyes:

okay i will buy a scan tool along with a exhaust and test pipe,okay whats the best brand gauges to buy,boost knock i will be ordering a 145mph speedo from
g-bodyparts,so if i get the scan tool,3inch down pipe,cat delete pipe and exhaust,fuel pump best chip for the street on pump gas.also cold air intake.
i will be adding parts but plan on getting painted at the beging of march.also
got too have some hids,if you cant see where you are going in aint much fun.

Scantool, spring cleaning and fuel system upgrade including injectors and matching chip would be my first choices. You will need the scantool to do a good tune up anyway. After the car is running at its best then go for the fun stuff. You do not need a 3 inch downpipe in your case, spend that money elsewhere. There's lots of good advice in this thread and lots more on this site. Read and ask questions, you'll be pointed in the right direction. Good Luck and have fun with the car.

Spring cleaning/tuneup first.. then
Scanmaster II, new fuel pump+ hotwire kit, adjustable fuel pressure reg, adjustable wastegate, test-pipe/catback, boost guage, oil pressure guage, 160 thermostat.

Read read read.. use the search feature.. learn to use the scanmaster for diagnosing the engine,,

Once you've setup the engine with the scanmaster and it runs as should at 15-16 PSI without any knock on 93.. if you want more power.. get an aftermarket chip and throw an alcohol kit on it. That will make a noticable difference as you can run higher boost.

The big wheels on these cars can tax the tranny.. especially with the tq the motor makes. Careful what you ask for as those big wheels while they may look great wont hook on the street and cuase tranny problems. Unless a 2k tranny is in the "mods" list.

Back