You can type here any text you want

best 16" tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GSX-PKV

I'm thinking of buying Kirban's 16" GNX wheels and feel 245x50x16's on the front and 255x50x16's would work for the rear and was wondering which brand tire would work best. I went on Tirerack.com and it seems there are no or few tires that are available in both these sizes. Thanks for any info. Paul

You're right, matching tires in a 245/50 and 255/50 are limited. Plenty of comanies make 245s, few make 255s. I just bought two BF goodrich g-force sports in a 245, and bought two of their 255s. The very, very best price I could find on these I found on ebay; Discount tires sells new tires on ebay with free shipping for rock bottom price. And to top that off, discount tires is promoting a $70 mail in rebate if you buy BF goodrich tires and some other brand. I asked if buying them thru ebay from discount tires would apply to this rebate, and they said yes. All in all, $401 shipped to my door, after the mail in rebate. They have a 5% off sale on ebay that I think ends today or tomorrow, so now is the time to get em.

I just put a set of these Goodyear F1's on my car and am very impressed. Very stable in the rain.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

They do not come in 255, though. They seem to hook very well, not MT street radials, but very good.

The 225-55-16's are narrower. How does that look on the car? I kind of like a slightly narrower front tire.

The 225-55-16's are narrower. How does that look on the car? I kind of like a slightly narrower front tire.

I think it looks good, will not rub and is .7" shorter than the back tires. I got them at Tires Plus and paid $385.00 for the set, included new stems and balanced:cool: That was 6/07, and I bet they only have 1500 miles on them :rolleyes: They seem to hold the road well.

I was on a budget and don't put a whole lot of miles on my GN any more or run it as hard as I did many years ago, I needed a set of 16's tires to go along with my new wheels so the Sumitomo HTRZ 245/50R 16 front and 255/50R 16 rear also worked well for me. I'm running 16x11's on the rear with 16x8 8.5's wheels in front.

Back