Best bumper fillers.

sabersaw30

My front and rear look terrible.I am looking for some that don't crack.Where to buy?I was looking at the ones on gbodyparts.Any other suggestions?

i installed them on my gn, like all fiber glass parts they require a little customizing to fit good, but they look great...

I'm using them

I like em!

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 534
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 513
these are G body fillers

will they flex? never gonna find out !!!!!!!!!
by the time anyone gets near one of my cars , I'm "locked and loaded" LOL
very little prep, I fitted em up then sent out for paint, with slightly enlarged mount holes, ( for adjustment)
very easy, and I very happy with the results, would I recomend em?
you bet!
I fitted them as close to the bumper as possible, took out shims on the bumper mounts,to pull bumper in close, for a clean look,
I'll be at bates with em, look for your self,
and the painter has to rub em out yet, so they will be better later.

Thanks.
I'm ordering some.
My driver side OEM is completely falling off. Starting from the gas door, it's about half gone now.

I'm doing the fiberglass ones right now. If you look at the photo in post #3, you'll see a gap between the tail light and the quarter panel. The gap on mine was about 3/16". The fix is to cut about 1/4" of fiberglass out of the fillers to bring the light farward enough to cover the gap. It's like this on both sides. On the front fillers, The paint shop had to add about 1/4" of glass to make things line up. From the looks of the photos, I've got the same fillers as Cruzn57. My stuff is in the paint shop right now. I'll let you know what the total cost is when done. I do know that to make them fit "nice", it took about 40 hours of body shop time. I'll have them at Bates. So, we can see the difference between the two cars, and if it's worth spending the extra money to get them to fit. The good news is, that unless someone hits my car, they should always look good.:)

Mike Barnard

I'm doing the fiberglass ones right now. If you look at the photo in post #3, you'll see a gap between the tail light and the quarter panel. The gap on mine was about 3/16". The fix is to cut about 1/4" of fiberglass out of the fillers to bring the light farward enough to cover the gap. It's like this on both sides. On the front fillers, The paint shop had to add about 1/4" of glass to make things line up. From the looks of the photos, I've got the same fillers as Cruzn57. My stuff is in the paint shop right now. I'll let you know what the total cost is when done. I do know that to make them fit "nice", it took about 40 hours of body shop time. I'll have them at Bates. So, we can see the difference between the two cars, and if it's worth spending the extra money to get them to fit. The good news is, that unless someone hits my car, they should always look good.:)

Mike Barnard

Did you say....40 hours?
40X100 bucks an hour equals....uhm....equals...errrr....well....it's a lot:eek:

Did you say....40 hours?
40X100 bucks an hour equals....uhm....equals...errrr....well....it's a lot:eek:

Well, they needed a lot. I wanted them to look perfect(ish). The painter is a good freind of mine. So, he'll cut me a deal. This guy does real nice work. He's done alot of the cars for the TV show "Overhaulin". I'm trying to talk him into making a mold of mine when were done, and do a production run of nice streight, one pc, rear fillers. He told me that these things are a big PITA, every cars would fit different and, didn't think that he could make any money doing it. This was even after I told him that I could get him a dozen people a month that would buy these. I took a few pics along the way while we were fabing, and fitting mine. I'll try and post pics.

Mike Barnard

I have an 87 GN, 48,000 miles and original lacquer single stage paint. The paint is mint except or the front and rear bumper fillers. They have the usual problem of fading.

If I had these painted without painting the rest of the GN and I wanted a stock look, what kind of paint should I ask my paint guy to use?

Thanks
Frank

I have an 87 GN, 48,000 miles and original lacquer single stage paint. The paint is mint except or the front and rear bumper fillers. They have the usual problem of fading.

If I had these painted without painting the rest of the GN and I wanted a stock look, what kind of paint should I ask my paint guy to use?

Thanks
Frank

If the fillers are faded and chalky looking it's not usually the paint. THey are not long for this world and paint won't help

If the fillers are faded and chalky looking it's not usually the paint. THey are not long for this world and paint won't help

Agreed.
They will fall apart in your hands as you remove them. Don't waste your time and money trying to save them.

If you must have OEM, You can still get OEM front fillers over the counter or from the venders here. I went this route about 6 months back for my fronts ($160 for the set) and had them painted professionally ($125 for the set). They installed nice and easy and look great.

The drivers rear was still available from Buick up to about 2 weeks ago (that's when I asked them) for $500, but the rear OEM are gone. I just bought my fiberglass rears form G-Body Parts and they are on their way.

My bumper fillers are original and the paint is also original lacquer.

What causes the fillers to fade?

I have not tried to take them apart. My GN has always been garaged.

I remember reading somewhere that over time something from the lacquer paint is released and this causes the fillers to fade. Is this true?

For the front, are the OEM GM good or will they evetually fade again?

What is everyone using for the rear bc i knew that they are discontinued and extremely expensive if u do find them.

Thaks
Frank

My bumper fillers are original and the paint is also original lacquer.

What causes the fillers to fade?

I have not tried to take them apart. My GN has always been garaged.

I remember reading somewhere that over time something from the lacquer paint is released and this causes the fillers to fade. Is this true?

For the front, are the OEM GM good or will they evetually fade again?

What is everyone using for the rear bc i knew that they are discontinued and extremely expensive if u do find them.

Thaks
Frank

The factory fillers are urethane and over time and exposure to the elements the urethane out gasses and looses solvents. I suppose that there is some attack from ozone and other enviornmental chemicals. They're born to die when they're made.

I used fiberglass on my when I replaced mine about 15 years ago. Stock was still available and cheap at the time, rear not so much. It did take some work to make them fit up but I doubt you you could tell if I hadn't told you. So far so good

The factory fillers are urethane and over time and exposure to the elements the urethane out gasses and looses solvents. I suppose that there is some attack from ozone and other enviornmental chemicals. They're born to die when they're made.

I used fiberglass on my when I replaced mine about 15 years ago. Stock was still available and cheap at the time, rear not so much. It did take some work to make them fit up but I doubt you you could tell if I hadn't told you. So far so good

So that was a while ago. I eventually replaced them with Spool filler