Best eatin places in HI?

Army MP

Got the aniversary comin soon and I've been here a year now and have checked out some nice places but not all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, by the way money is not a concern!:D

Check with the hotels...they usually have nice restaurants in the lobbies...or check with their conceriege (spelling bad I know)..they usually know/have the hook ups...
p.s. i do fatboy's but since this is a special event....:D

Alan Wong's, Hy's steak house, John Dominis, Chai's Island Bistro, many more...

Hoku's at the Kahala Mandarin. Good food/ocean view. Ask for the Shaved Ice. It's seafood (Crab,shrimp,ect.)on a mound of shaved ice enough for two. It's not on the menu you have to ask for it. Try their Iced tea too.:)

Don Yangs, Jade Garden, Maile Chinese Restaurant, Dragon House, Kakaako Kitchen, Gulick Delicatessen, Hard Rock Cafe, Oceans, D&B's, Bob's BBQ, Bobs Big Boy, Big Kahunas, Mrs. Browns Pit Stop Cafe, and Cuu Long to name a few.;)
:cool:

For some strange reason, after reading this thread, I'm hungry...

Heights Drive inn special sounds good...

Seriously?... Assaggio's in Mililani Town Center... dont forget to order the tiramisu...

Originally posted by HI85WH1

Oh that's sounds good also! Fried noodles with a side baked chicken! If anyone is in the area pick up a plate for me :D

Thanks for the input guys.
Yeah, I've been hearin good things about Assaggios........."If thats spelled right".

I really won't it to be a very memorial evening, if you know what I mean. hehe!;)

Originally posted by HI85WH1
For some strange reason, after reading this thread, I'm hungry...

Seriously?... Assaggio's in Mililani Town Center... dont forget to order the tiramisu...

Thread Jacker!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: LOL!!!:D

Wassamatter Tony...
everytime someone talks about food I get hungry... no wonder I'm "chunky" as well...

But for Fried Noodles.... Sato's Okazuya in Waipahu is the best...

Couple of nice places

Roy's in Hawaii Kai or Ko'Olina has great food and great wines (but I may be kinda biased since it's where I work). Also they are pretty reasonable: about $25 per entre and $10-15 per appatizer. HOWEVER *INSIDE INFO* if you get in between 5:30 and 6:30 you can get the 3 course meal (appatizer, entre, and the chocolate soufle for desert) all for about $35 - A killer deal really. I'd go with the spare ribs and the Roy's Pinot Noir or Pinot Grigio.:D

Also, Michelle's is very upscale (plan on getting dressed up) - they have some really great food... a little on the higher priced side though. :eek:

Re: Couple of nice places

Originally posted by Pox
Roy's in Hawaii Kai or Ko'Olina has great food and great wines (but I may be kinda biased since it's where I work). Also they are pretty reasonable: about $25 per entre and $10-15 per appatizer. HOWEVER *INSIDE INFO* if you get in between 5:30 and 6:30 you can get the 3 course meal (appatizer, entre, and the chocolate soufle for desert) all for about $35 - A killer deal really. I'd go with the spare ribs and the Roy's Pinot Noir or Pinot Grigio.:D

I'll 2nd Roy's. The food is awesome and the service is incredible as well. Been to the Hawaii Kai location but not to Ko Olina yet. That one wasn't open last time we were there.

Kincaid's is great too. We go there whenever we're on Oahu.

This is what I did with my girlfriend for her b-day.

Booked a weekend stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village at the Tapa Tower Suite and got the Ocean View towards the Leeward Side so we got the epic sunset.
The room was garnished with flowers and a fruit basket.
Free Breakfast at their buffet on Saterday and Sunday morning.
Restraunts gallore. We dinned at Sergios on Friday evening, and Bali By The Sea on Saterday evening.

I got hooked up by one of my friends who works for HHV, gave him a call and he accomodated everything for me and gave me the suite at employee rate - CHEAP!.

It's good chance to be like tourists and gawk at things. take a night stroll though kalakaua ave, or listen to the live entertainment within the HHV grounds. Just check out www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com

I'm sure your wife is worth more than just a dinner, make it worth her while and take her for a get-a-way from reality.

Re: Couple of nice places

Originally posted by Pox

Also, Michelle's is very upscale (plan on getting dressed up) - they have some really great food... a little on the higher priced side though. :eek:

Thats a shameless plug Jon...;)

BTW, do you still need those mirrors?...

Yes, completely shameless: be sure to sit in my section and tip big, lol.

Yeah, sure could use'em man: Though I just need a door to put hang'em from - still need to replace the driver's side door on the Monte, but been too busy tring to get the thing started to look much. Trying to keep on the food topic -> lunch is on me to the man who can help me figure out why it won't start (I'm going nuts!):(

Originally posted by Pox
Yes, completely shameless: be sure to sit in my section and tip big, lol.

Yeah, sure could use'em man: Though I just need a door to put hang'em from - still need to replace the driver's side door on the Monte, but been too busy tring to get the thing started to look much. Trying to keep on the food topic -> lunch is on me to the man who can help me figure out why it won't start (I'm going nuts!):(

Maybe the wife and I will come out to Roys...

They do have Valet, right?...you can see the eyes when I pull up in my SS...

As for your car... fuel? Spark? Compression?...

if you have all, then I would say spark timing is off (cam sensor in wrong)

Call me so I can get the mirrors to you...

FYI, there is an 85 SS that is supposed to be a rust free car... in IP.com... I called the owner and left a message.. will let you know what I find out... the car has no title, so I wanted to use it to mock-up the LT1 and get it running in there first... then I can transfer everything into my car.. so swapping doors is not a problem...

Rob...