Best external oil pump

49-blues

Who has and sells the best trouble free reliable external oil pump system available?

I have all of the ones I know about here and I would say the White Racing one is the best bet. I am not crazy about the way they do the inlet and outlet where the pump gears are but it is still the best of the bunch IMO. The others have bigger issues

Mike

Hello Mike,
Have you seen the one DLS has available? I like where the inlet and outlet are on this one. They are located on the bottom of the plate. It also has a third port for the bypassed oil, which I really like. I think it is based off the design that was on Dave Bamford’s TSM engine which went 9.355 @ 144.56 back in 2005 in official TSM trim.

Actually Dan never told me he starrted making tham again. His original had the pocket like the Dutweiler which for me is very bad. This new one has the flat surface and is likely the one to use. The only thing I do not like is the bypass oil is returned through a 3rd line back through the fuel pump cover plate. Where som cover return the oil righ back into the motor. Dan thinks his way is better and I have used one of his originals with no failures and great results so I guess I will change my recomendation and say DLS. Now I have to call Dan and get one myself since I am building a cover tomorrow :)
Mike

I got the newer DLS one. It has the flat surface where the gears are, not the pocket. It works great w/ my car. The only bad thing about the DLS pump is the cost of the fittings. It uses o-ring type AN fittings. The -12 90* is $$$$$. You can use an adapter fitting, but you might have to notch the frame under the pump.

I like the ORB seals. I am going to cut some cost by using one fitting on the hose that will go directly into the oil pump plate. Much cleaner install this way also.

I think DLS has all the correct fittings in stock. I should have just got the fittings from them.

The -12 hose fitting is the largest and most expensive one needed, around fifty dollars (one of them was around forty dollars) if I remember right. I ordered all of these -12 hose fitting, so I could find the one that would work with out notching the frame. Only to find out they all clear the frame. I like the transition on the Aeroquip fitting best.
From left to right Russell 612280, Earls 849013erl, Aeroquip FBM1359.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 188