You can type here any text you want

Best front seal to use

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
I need some help on a front seal issue. I redline around 7400 to 7800 and my front seal is wearing faster than I like. What front seal are you guys using that takes the higher r's.

I'm also still using the OEM oil sling. Would I be better off removing the sling so that some oil can get to the seal to lube and cool it?

I'm presently using a National seal. Black rubber. It has oil pumping ribs on the lip. Comes in the felpro gasket sets I believe.
The numbers on the seal are S-12623 and K100674R. There is also a 1-16 on it.

And the factory has knurling on it--could that be in play?

The new seal setup never leaked. It's just that with this latest teardown, I noticed the wear on the seal lip and the seal material collected around the seal cavity.

The way I see it, the way I had things setup using the slinger, the seal was getting very little, if any oiling. Add to that the vacuum pump and drysump systems drawing atm inward past the seal to pull away any grease layed in the seal during assembly, there just wasn't enough lube for the seal at high rpm. If the damper hub had also been knurled, that would only have served to pump the assembly grease inward and away from the seal quicker, leaving the seal without lube sooner.

Here's a shortcut to a thread detailing my front seal retainer mod.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/fabrication-no-solicitation/275200-front-timing-cover-ideas.html

Back