You can type here any text you want

best head gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v62go

best head gaskets to use on iron heads running alot of boost have head studs thanks....

I popped mine last year, and installed the RJC and love them. RJC gets my vote!

Cometics.

I've done some stupid things to mine. Never blown one.

Under 30 lbs boost I still like Victors or Stock GM with Iron heads. Only blew one 1 time in 100's of passes & it was Completely MY Fault! Glad it let go or the crank would have been on the track! Need a fuse up top IMO but many gaskets will work when Detonation is kept in check! Thats the key!!

Just be careful when going to a harder to blow headgasket. Your tune must be dead on. If the tune is off and the HG doesn't blow (fuse), you will break something else ie: block, rod, crank, torch head/block.

I've run 30psi on stock HG with iron heads.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

RJC gets my vote. Hundreds of WOT blasts on mine. For those of you experiencing detonation in your 550+hp engines, you are hurting it regardless of the headgaskets ability to stay intact. The headgasket doesnt increase the clamp load in the deck surface. If you detonate with any gaskets you will lift the heads at high hp levels. Having Champion pin the area on the intake side of the head near the combustion chamber will help with cylinder head deflection that is common in high hp engines.

Back