Best headgasket?

TurboTdanman

Well i have a 87 Buick Regal turbo t, i purchased it last nov and recently got it out of storage, ive driven it a few times and well unfortinutely i think the head gasket popped on it, im getting bubbling in the catch tank after driving it, and its blowing white smoke out the exhuast at idle and also starting to miss, and i just did plugs and wires on it, one plug did look funky the rest looked fine.

The car has a PT-61 turbo with 25lbs of boost the motor has supposedly forged pistons and rods, ported stock heads and arp hardware.

My question is ive done some resarch on head gaskets on these cars and i see theres a few options as far as head gaskets, my question for you guys is what do you suggest to get for my boost level and mods.

links and opinions from you guys would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks and have a great day everyone!

I think most people use multi layer steel headgaskets on these cars nowdays. I have the Cometic's on mine and have not blown them yet. They are expensive but it is a critically stressed area and changing headgaskets sux so spending some extra money here is worth it in my opinion.

I have cometics, but remember the head gasket is a 'safety fuse' if you have knock. With metal headgaskets the detonation can look for other places to go :eek:

Cottonsperformance.com list them, but say out of stock. Gbodyparts list the 3.860

Gbody lists the. 3.860 is that for a bigger bore?

I will deff buy from a vendor here just gotta find someone that has them.

Well i have a 87 Buick Regal turbo t, i purchased it last nov and recently got it out of storage, ive driven it a few times and well unfortinutely i think the head gasket popped on it, im getting bubbling in the catch tank after driving it, and its blowing white smoke out the exhuast at idle and also starting to miss, and i just did plugs and wires on it, one plug did look funky the rest looked fine.

The car has a PT-61 turbo with 25lbs of boost the motor has supposedly forged pistons and rods, ported stock heads and arp hardware.

My question is ive done some resarch on head gaskets on these cars and i see theres a few options as far as head gaskets, my question for you guys is what do you suggest to get for my boost level and mods.

links and opinions from you guys would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks and have a great day everyone!
Victor Reinz head gaskets, good tune= zero problems

Gbody lists the. 3.860 is that for a bigger bore?

I will deff buy from a vendor here just gotta find someone that has them.

I first thought it was for .060 over, but it looks like they work on any bore supposedly. You just have to select the thickness you want. Check out the ones at cottons to see what I mean, summit also list them with different thickness. I believe mine are .040

I used copper spray on both outer sides and some RTV around the cooling passages, no leaks so far on 3 jobs I've done. I would also recommend putting in ARP head studs. The factory bolts aren't reusable.