You can type here any text you want

Best Intake gasket?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS/GN

What is the best intake gasket for stock ported heads and intake?Does everyone run a valley pan.Thanks in advance.:confused:

Felpro 1200 and yes, run the pan. There's an aftermarket one you can get but I don't have a link for you.

Stock 96033 fel pro valley pan here. The 1200's are real thick & don't keep the hot oil off the bottom of the intake.

I see the 96033,what is the 1200 gasket for and what is the diff?Thanks for the replies:confused:

The 1200's have larger ports & are just the two gaskets, not a valley pan. They are also very thick which usually causes alignment issues for the intake bolts.

Felpro 1200 is the stage I intake gasket. Not a valey pan but it has bigger ports for more flow.

I have used the 1200's for years and have seen, when I disassemble the engine, that the gasket distorts around the two siamesed intake ports. I started to use a step drill on the bolt holes of the gasket (open the holes up a couple of sizes and deburr the gasket material). Since I started doing this, I have not had this problem.
Jeff

Thanks

I looked at some others this week,the R.O.L , victor and corteco all use a steel only side rails.I like the fel-pro the best also.Thanks for all the replies muchly appreciated.:D

Kevin

I like the Victors & GM the best for a stock style build. I have heard from some others that the Felpro bolt holes sometimes dont line up correctly. Never seen myself as I dont use them but it was from more than 1 person that mentioned it about the Felpro's. The Victors are my favorite. The head gaskets are also pretty good for 11 sec cars.

Got some 1200's at my place if you want to take a look at them. Champion suggests using the 1200's in there instructions for there heads and intakes. I would like to run a valley pan with them though.

Brandon!

If your heads and deak wear cut and your intake manifold does not align up with the ports or bolt holes TA PERFORMANCE sells custom intake gaskats....much thinner .031 and .043...this way you will not have to have your intake manifold cut at a machine shop and maybe ruined ask me how i know

I have used that pan ,it will keep hot oil off the bottom of the intake but it did not stop the PCV from sucking up oil and depositing the oil in my throttle body causeing a tail pipe blue smoke

I use the 1200's and take a 96033 and cut the sides off and use it for a valley pan.

:biggrin:A.j.

I do that also. Cut the ports off and the valley pan pops right in place to keep the hot oil off the intake.

I have used the 1200's for years and have seen, when I disassemble the engine, that the gasket distorts around the two siamesed intake ports. I started to use a step drill on the bolt holes of the gasket (open the holes up a couple of sizes and deburr the gasket material). Since I started doing this, I have not had this problem.
Jeff

I do that to. I started seeing the gasket pushing out at the base of the runners. I use a hole punch set and move up a half a hole. Witch elonggates the intake bolt hole. It will line up better top to bottem and not move side to side.

Back