You can type here any text you want

Best place for BOV flange?????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GN_ponykillr

Buick addict
I want to install a BOV but I don't know the best location to have the flange made. I was thinking about using the up pipe from the intercooler???? Anyone else ever use the up pipe???

The up pipe is fine. You need it close to the inlet to the turbo to plumb the blow off air back in between the turbo and maf. Exactly where you put it is a matter of your own preference. In a perfect situation the BOV and waste gate would work in unison on deceleration for the best possible turbo protection. Us Buick guys have been slow to embrace the concept of the BOV because it is not as much an issue in a automatic transmission application. In a manual trans car they are a necessity. On a auto car they are just a good idea for turbo protection. Later.....Danny

the usual theory is that the BOV needs to be located as close to the throttle body as possible, since the throttle closing is what causes the spike in pressure, it's the best place to relieve that pressure-thus the up-pipe is about a perfect spot for it. HTH.

Originally posted by jastrckl
the usual theory is that the BOV needs to be located as close to the throttle body as possible, since the throttle closing is what causes the spike in pressure, it's the best place to relieve that pressure-thus the up-pipe is about a perfect spot for it. HTH.

What if you have a alky kit wouldn't that push out a flammable mixture ?

yup. If you have a 7th or alky or whatever I might think twice about putting it there. The BOV doesn't operate for a very long period of time though so I'm sure it's sort of a non-issue.

Back