Best Plugs For Stock Car

airgrabber

Looking for what would be the best plugs for a stock 99 Regal GS. It's my daily driver so not looking for any mods just best gas mileage.Thx

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I run the stock Delco iridium plugs in both of my cars and no complaints. Usually change them every 80k and they always look like new, can probably go a lot longer.

no interest in mods and want mileage I gotta agree with 87gninpa and say stock delco iridiums and yes they can go longer than 80k ,I have a 2500hd with 182k that has just started to miss I think its time for its first plug change lol

I guess.... ;)

At least ls engines don't have the ferd breaking plugs off in head issue hahaha. Ferd silliness.

I've used Autolite 104's for stock to mild modded with no issues for past 10 years or so. Cheap and work well.

If going for MPG, i'd suggest a few simple mods and get the MPG up there pretty well. My old 98 GTP before I scrapped it was mostly a highway driver only,
and was getting around 500-550 miles on each fill up, and usually had 3 gallons left in it. Was high milage car.. I had converted it mostly back to stock. Still had a S1X CAM,
3.4" pully, and I left the top of the air box off, cause well... I couldn't find it. If i had gutted the cat, probably could have tuned a bit more to get a few mpg out of it. Tuning was key.
Ran it a bit on the leaner side of things and what not as I wasn't racing around in it. Took a few days of driving to work and back (100+ mile trip) and got the tune down pretty
good. The trans was old and slipping and drove it like that for 4 years. That probably caused a bit of a hit possibly.