You can type here any text you want

Best power plate for stock plenum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jk kelly

I see all these power plates and they look like they really restrict air. I'm got mine off and going to mill my plenum and intake to match, the square tower... I see power plates that are just like a spacer with no restrictions then I see the others , help!!!

What your looking at are RJC power plates. They are the thin alum about .125 thick. Each is patterned after a different plenum. Stock, KB, Prec, or Accufab.
The thicker open ones are just spacers.

What your looking at are RJC power plates. They are the thin alum about .125 thick. Each is patterned after a different plenum. Stock, KB, Prec, or Accufab.
The thicker open ones are just spacers.
Do I need a spacer or a power plate for my stock plenum after I mill it

Do I need a spacer or a power plate for my stock plenum after I mill it
Power plate is a good idea. Spacers are for bigger horsepower cars. What other mods do you have or are you planning on doing? A spacer is probably down the line a bit.

It's stock, just bought it a few weeks ago and just getting started. I'm going to do a fuel pump and hot wire kit, the plenum, and some kind of chip for now, don't know what chip. If you have any other easy fixes and recommends please tell me, I'm knew to turbos, I sold my 75 stingray to buy this

It's stock, just bought it a few weeks ago and just getting started. I'm going to do a fuel pump and hot wire kit, the plenum, and some kind of chip for now, don't know what chip. If you have any other easy fixes and recommends please tell me, I'm knew to turbos, I sold my 75 stingray to buy this
That Stingray wont hold a candle to this car. Read up on some more info and get an understanding on what results you get from what mods. You gotta start slow and go from there. Get a Scanmaster to tune with.

I will say this much, milling that plenum won't do a thing other then change the pattern the air goes into the cylinder.

To shorten your search, look for rjc power plate for stock plenum and just install it. That will help even out the air flow to all cylinders so the cylinders are more matched.

As coach said, get a scanmaster. You CANNOT do a thing with this car properly without one, if you start messing around without it, you WILL have issues. And then things start to go boom or just crap out. You'll end up spending more than necessary.

Read twice, three and even four times before you mod a part once. Go search around the sections such as, general tech, turbo, and then finally for sale.

General tech will show you the different mods that actually work and stuff people messed up with.
Turbo section will show you what turbo you should strive for depending on the power goal you want.
Finally, the for sale section will possibly get you the parts you want for a better price.

Inspect your car thoroughly. drop the pan see whats in there. Check all the gaskets, valve covers, headers, headgaskets, rear main seal, trannsmission pan and oil pan. Install the scan master and read all the numbers and make sure they are in the proper ranges. The mod.

READ FIRST.

everyone that posted above gave you good advice, i agree. first make sure all maintenience is done and car runs without any issues with drivability or electrical gremlins.
then get a scanmaster to monitor you operating parameters, its worth its weight in gold, then upgrade your fuel system next with a pump, hotwire, fuel regulator AND a good liquid filled gauge to monitor fuel delivery once you learn what that means, get a turbotweek or extender chip to ad some performance gain, then down the road when you learn to tune and ad boost without hurting it ad injectors and cold air kit, more boost, etc.....read and learn before you go too fast and hurt the motor with detonation!!

everyone that posted above gave you good advice, i agree. first make sure all maintenience is done and car runs without any issues with drivability or electrical gremlins.
then get a scanmaster to monitor you operating parameters, its worth its weight in gold, then upgrade your fuel system next with a pump, hotwire, fuel regulator AND a good liquid filled gauge to monitor fuel delivery once you learn what that means, get a turbotweek or extender chip to ad some performance gain, then down the road when you learn to tune and ad boost without hurting it ad injectors and cold air kit, more boost, etc.....read and learn before you go too fast and hurt the motor with detonation!!
X2 the biggest mistake most people make is adding go fast parts to a already sh!!!ty running car,then they don't understand why it doesn't perform well. The trick is to get everything running properly, doing a "Spring Cleaning"is a must in my opinion. Then after you purchase all the tuning equipment needed take small steps when modifying, so you can see how it reacts to your combo. Also you have to remember that what combo works for one person might not work for you.

Back