You can type here any text you want

best street drag radials?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
If those are AR-23 rims they only come in 15 x 7 and 15 x 8 for our cars.

They have 3.75" backspacing that works fine.

Here's the AR-23's 8 inch rim with the 275/50/15 Nittos in the picture below.

I have the 275/60/15 Nittos on the other car with older AR rims 8" with the same 3.75" backspacing and you need airbags at 10psi. or so to keep them off the unrolled fenderwell trim edge.

GNAR23NittosRear.jpg

I like the 8" rim because the tire fits it properly, no bowing and decent wear pattern if you don't overinflate them.

Here are Nitto's 275/50/15 on 10" Road Warriors back spacing 3.75"
I have air bags 10 psi big sway bar and new springs so no issue on rubbing the fender
about 1" from the frame so no rubbing there either
All around good tire for the price much better than any street tire
Got one season on them still penty of rubber left.
I also have a set of 255 MTDR's on stock GN rims

Attachments

• Nitto 1.jpg
    Nitto 1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 385
  • Nitto 3.jpg
    Nitto 3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 351
are airbags neccessary to run these tires or can i just put them on and be done with it without any modifiction?

how do the bf goodrich radial ta's hook in 275 60 15?

they are about 95 each and i have 255s on the back now in ta"s

when i went to the track those tires were like GLUE! on mine.

any one else input on these tires?

they are about 95 each and i have 255s on the back now in ta"s

when i went to the track those tires were like GLUE! on mine.

any one else input on these tires?

Regular Radial TA's were like glue:confused: That track must have been prepped unbelievably or you aren't making any power :biggrin:

I couldn't possibly see a car getting a 1.6 - 1.8 60' on TA's but if you are then that is fantastic! Teach me your ways if you are! Do you know your 60' times from those days you raced on the 255 TA's?

dangerous to me . and that was only a mid 11 street car :rolleyes: oh.. why are your cars sitting so high in the back :confused: like the 70/80s "look" :eek: looks like 3 to 4"s away from the tire :eek:

oh see you have new springs ...

I'm running the Hoosiers D/R's and they hook AWESOME on virgin concrete, and I swear they hook better than the hoosier slicks I just replaced them with! I don't expect them to last more than a season though as they are a really soft compound.

You really found the Hoosiers to be that good! My MT`s are going soon and I was looking at the Hoosiers.

Thanks

it was a 2.0 60 foot but still its for daily driving but yea after the run every single pebble was stuck to them and my hand was pretty much sticking to them

i really liked the way the felt and hooked and how cheap they are

it was a 2.0 60 foot but still its for daily driving but yea after the run every single pebble was stuck to them and my hand was pretty much sticking to them

i really liked the way the felt and hooked and how cheap they are

Ûp here the Hoosiers DR are more expensive that the MT DR..:rolleyes:

MTs worked great . we usually go threw 2 sets in a summer :eek: Oh have a set of the new M&Hs (needed a tall set of 16's) .. Look really nice. Ill have em on a car shortly :cool:
we ran Nittos for a few years and they worked "ok" BUT the "newer" drag radials kick their butt :p

Dan, Please post pics and feedback on the 16" M&H's when you get them on....I've been thinking about a set.

Back