Best Street Tire

Originally posted by TType84
i now have kumho ECSTA Supra 712 225/50/16s up front and 255/50/16s out back.. they hook alright, although they are a bit noisy under hard cornering / when they spin.. also they are GREAT in the rain..
Nick, I just got the same tires (245/50/16 on the front and 255/50/16 on the rear). Weather has been pretty cold so maybe thats the reason, but all I know is mid-top of 1st through going into 2nd gear I can not keep the car straight at all. The tires dont just chirp, the whole car goes sideways, pretty much the same as the bald Yokohamas that they replaced! Has your experience with them hooking "alright" been in warm weather? (I hope they hook a little better when spring comes).

Originally posted by V8KILLR@msn.com
Was looking on tirerack and saw Pirelli P600 (235/60R15). Has any one ever used these? If so, what do you think? How do they hook and how long of life do they have?

Thanks,
Jason

I had similar tires on the back of my ride, 225/60/15's and they didn’t hook at all, and when I did a burn out. They were destroyed, they left a powder behind that you could pick up and throw at some one like a snow ball (we have to substitute here in FL), and I wouldn’t recommend them

Neil

Originally posted by TType84
dunno about the best, but i say..

bfg radial t/a's i dont care what size are the ABSOLUTE WORST TIRE EVER.

i dont care how many people have them..

i had a set of those on my car.. 235/60/15's all around my car was SCARY in the rain..

Do you think it might have been because they were 235/60/15's :confused:

James...

What size rims are you running the 295/60's on, and with what back spacing?
With 3 5/8's bs how close are you to the lip and did you roll it?

:cool:

I (and two other cars) run 15x8's with (don't quote me on this) 3 5/8ths bs. Whatever the bs is, it's what everyone runs. 3 5/8ths sounds like it.

We all run airbags, and only one has the fender lips rolled. I still run the fender lip trim and have had NO contact with the tire. However, I am the only one that has to run a thin wheel spacer on the drivers side wheel. Doesn't look like my axle is perfectly centered in the car.

-Banning.

Originally posted by J Banning
Do you think it might have been because they were 235/60/15's :confused:

um no..

let me say this again

some tires with NO tread.. n.o.. tread.. had more traction than brand new BFG radial ta's. im not talking about high speed launching / taking twisties...

im talking about everyday driving in the rain.

its not because they were only 235s.. its because radial TAs suck.

tire rack.coms ratings.. hydro resistance/wet traction
bfg radial t/a 6.4 / 6.4
michelin xgt 7.5 / 7.5
kumho 712 8.0 / 8.1