You can type here any text you want

Best street tires for TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
What are the best street tires for us? I am currently running firehawk sz 50's and they are wore pretty good. so I was wondering if there is a better tire out there for street use.

what you have?
How much?
And where?

Thanks
Bo

I run Mickey Thompson ET Streets,Depending on how you are going to use them you have a few choices.

If you are looking for all out traction,that's the way to go.

If you are into drivability(Ocasionally getting caught in the rain) ,Then You can go with the Nitto's,or BFG Drag radials.

I haven't run the Nitto's,But the BFG's are really good tires

Should be in the low 160's a piece
Jegs or Summit

I was planning on going with the E/T street for my TTA..Question is what size????I know it will be 26x16....not sure about the 10.5..or 11.5....I dont want them too stick out on the car....Or be very noticable at a glance....Thanks..Shawn

I just had a great experience with 235 BFG DRs last night at the track. I definitely like them bettter than the Nittos I have on the other car. But it seems that each car is different, and opinions will vary a lot too. It was just my experiece on a all stock suspension car, the Nittos did not hook like the BFGs. And if you want more of a sleeper look, like 19TTA89 said, the 235's are not too noticeable, until you launch :D . For a daily driver, the BFG's will wear out quickly. I paid $270 a pair for them. There is a guy on the board that sells different brands of tires and wheels.

Thanks for the replys guys but, I forgot to tell you all that I will be caught in the rain alot of the time and I found the sz50's for $151 each at tirerack.com. thats the cheapest i could find so far. I think im set on these tires ,whatcha think?

I just bought & installed Firestone z50's yesterday. I got 245's up front & the 255's in the back, & boy it looks mean. So far they seem to be sticking great. I have not gotten in the rain with them yet, but I am sure they will perform well. I highly reccomend these tires. Tirerack.com is the best place for the service & price.

Rob (Bob's son)

Originally posted by 19TTA89
I was planning on going with the E/T street for my TTA..Question is what size????I know it will be 26x16....not sure about the 10.5..or 11.5....I dont want them too stick out on the car....Or be very noticable at a glance....Thanks..Shawn

Go with the 11.5's,They look real good on the stock rims ,Not crazy and sticking out or anything.

Well, I just received my firhawk sz50's today, I ordered them on monday! this is great service! Going to mount them tomorrow and feel the differance. New and better G-tech results coming soon!:D Now, If I could just get my 50#ers from racetronix
ST
O
O
O
O
B:eek:

Update: I just went out with the car to get new time!

one run-

80 degrees out

21psi boost

02's 760-800

G-tech
----------
13.44@110.1

0-60 in 4.91 sec.

3.0 knock

no boost of line
and limited traction

Just thought I would share!